Bulldog Digital Academy Updates
December 4, 2020
Please Call the BDA At:
While we are working from home on Fridays, we will be emailing to check on any non-reported absences.
BDA Spirit Week
Second Semester Commitment Calls
*These have not occured yet. They should be starting soon.*Soon we will be calling all of our families that are enrolled in the Bulldog Digital Academy to discuss your intentions for your child for the second semester. Originally, you signed a commitment to stay for the first semester, and that will be ending in January. We are hopeful that you will want to stay for the rest of the year, but we understand that you have to do what is best for you and your family. Once we talk to you personally, we will also follow up with a Google Form for you to complete to solidify your commitment for the rest of the school year.
Again, we hope you will stay in the BDA with us, but we completely understand that this decision is yours to make for you and your family.
We do have several families that have shown interest in joining the BDA in January, but you have the first choice since you are currently enrolled. Please help us in completing those forms as soon as you get them, and completing one for each child you have enrolled in the BDA.
We appreciate you and all of your support.
Is the BDA Changing? I Want My Child to Stay in the BDA.
Please note that if your child is currently in the BDA, they are able to stay the entire year! We actually prefer it! We love your kids and all of you.
As soon as I get more information regarding the district in general or changes being made to the BDA, I will share that right away.
There is so much up in the air right now, that we want to have a solid plan moving forward.
Thank you for all of your patience and support.
We Are A Team - Is Your Child Trying Their Best?
Mrs. Morris's Reflections
- Please note that after office hours, teachers may not be able to respond until the next business day. I encourage my teachers to make time for their own families while also being responsive to our parents. Please give them 24 hours to respond. We appreciate all of you!
- If you would like to join the BDA remind group, please text 81010 @ghcsbda
- Please make sure that your child is completing their work. I know it is tempting to jump in and help them, but we need them to do the work. We need this to be as much like school as possible, and we need the students interacting and doing their work. Please also know that if you need to assist your child logging on and or navigating to a particular place, we appreciate that, but we can not have you logged on in the classroom as well all day. We can only allow our students to be logged into the zoom call. There are many reasons for this, and we appreciate your support and understanding on this matter.
- Make sure you are using the computer for the appropriate use. They are for attending class and completing school work. Teachers are reporting that some students are on all kinds of websites, chatting with each other, playing around on their camera, so please talk to your child about appropriate use and internet safety. Most of this is occuring in the afternoon.
- When on zoom with your teachers and classmates in class, it is to be treated as if you were at school physically together. Appropriate language both verbally and in the chat is mandatory. Poor language and inappropriate actions will result in disciplinary action and being removed from the lesson.
- If your child is going to be absent, leave early, or come late - please call 216-475-8105 ext 53036 and let us know so we can mark the attendance correctly. If we are on the other line, please leave a message, and we will check it regularly. Please do not call the student's home school, please call the mentioned number and extension.
- Best way to reach our teachers is through their email, and they are all listed below. It is wonderful to have Google Classroom, Google phone numbers, Remind, etc, but teachers are requesting that you contact them through their email. This is the easiest and quickest way for them to track their messages, responses, and give help where they can. We do not want to miss any of your questions or concerns, so please email the teachers. We are here to assist however we can. Please note that the teacher should also be the first contact as they will usually have the right answer before we will.
- Best way to reach me is also through my email. I am able to answer those the quickest whether I am on the phone or in a meeting.
December 9---------------------------Asynchronous Wednesday (no live classes)
December 14-------------------------BDA Spirit Week Begins (See Picture Above)
December 16-------------------------Asynchronous Wednesday (no live classes)
December 23-31 -------------------Winter Break
January 1------------------------------Winter Break Continues
January 18----------------------------Martin Luther King, Jr Day - No School
January 22----------------------------End of 2nd Quarter
January 29----------------------------Professional Day - No School for Students
Bulldogs Digital Academy Staff
Melissa Irvine firstname.lastname@example.org
Alyssa Reichard email@example.com
Melissa Flood firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Halusker email@example.com
Heather Corporan firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashley McWilliams email@example.com
Jen Molnar firstname.lastname@example.org
Christina Brown email@example.com
Krystal Parnin firstname.lastname@example.org
Leigh Ann Pustai email@example.com
(ELA)Marcie O’Hanlon firstname.lastname@example.org
(Math) Jamie Shaw email@example.com
(Science) Lori Frank firstname.lastname@example.org
(S.Studies) Carrie Spelich email@example.com
(ELA) Martha Hach firstname.lastname@example.org
(Math) Debby Hrin email@example.com
(Science) Lisa Mullins firstname.lastname@example.org
(S.Studies) Melissa Herman email@example.com
(ELA) Katie Skocdopole firstname.lastname@example.org
(Math) Nick Lawrinson email@example.com
(Science) Jon Mockbee firstname.lastname@example.org
(S.Studies) Jill Cooke email@example.com
(ELA) Nicole Thomas firstname.lastname@example.org
(Math) Carla Brayer email@example.com
(Science) Victoria Tomasheski firstname.lastname@example.org
(S.Studies) Benjamin Harreld email@example.com
(ELA) Dave Schillero firstname.lastname@example.org
(Math) Keith Kneisel email@example.com
(Science) Bethany Guzoski firstname.lastname@example.org
(S.Studies) Alyssa Maki email@example.com
(K-5 Maple Leaf) Annie Jennings firstname.lastname@example.org
(K-5 William Foster) Nora Lopez email@example.com
(K-5 Elmwood) Amy Pullen firstname.lastname@example.org
(6th Grade) Lana Mastroianni email@example.com
(7th Grade) Nicole Ramos firstname.lastname@example.org
(8th Grade) Molly Dise email@example.com
(Technology) Shannon Bailor firstname.lastname@example.org
(Librarian/Story Time) Kelly Rose email@example.com
(Academic Support) Carolyn Angello firstname.lastname@example.org
(Guidance Counselor) Michael Banyasz email@example.com
(Support/Secretary) Connie Kingsmill firstname.lastname@example.org
(Administrator) Brynn Morris email@example.com
Click below to see a little bit about each staff member:https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vQxuFmyHYW4g8OcoUPxi4Y4jbgmIZjtG_9UnokMbTg9RHQnVLB_NgNLCW7k9fBu8otC597QO4LvcPCE/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=15000&fbclid=IwAR1RpU8bUvURuvn94vm7ozEVUsNYFm7Q9Rm0y_caVCUxUdP0qCtb4mKqvLU&slide=id.p
Things to Know...
2. We will be using the Remind app to get in touch with you throughout the day and also to deliver much needed information directly to your phone. Please make sure to sign up for this by texting 81010 @ ghcsbda
Troubles With Your Chromebook
**If you are having technical issues, please contact your child's teacher first. If they are unable to fix the problem, please complete the tech ticket below so our technology department can look into the issue to assist.**
Create a ticket:
Here is the link to the website: https://apps.learn21.org/GarfieldHeightsOH/one2one/Kiosk#MatchAssignment
Meal Service for Our Students
We are excited to offer meal service to our students during virtual learning. We want to make meals accessible to you.
There will be 2 options available:
-- "Grab & Go" curbside meal service, where families can drive to a designated school and pick up meals for their student(s) daily OR
-- "Direct to you Delivery Service," where we will deliver 1 day's worth of food (breakfast & lunch) directly to your house for each student.
Please note: Some students may not be eligible for Delivery Service if they live very close to a school.
Please complete this survey to help us create a plan that best serves you & your family!
Extra Support/Services Needed???
- Counseling services
- Mental health services
- Education and prevention services
- Consultation services
- Home visits and support
- Anger management
- Many other services and supports
Please contact Mrs. Gina Wilson, Family and Civic Engagement Coordinator