My role model
Born- April 16, 1971 Lake Jackson, Tx
Died- March 31, 1995, Corpus Christi, Tx
Selena was born in Lake Jackson, which was a city close to Houston.
Not only was Selena a huge pop star she also had a lot of struggles and obstacles to jump through. One of those problems was money, not that she wasn't making enough money it was that the money that was sent from the fan club members was going missing. No one really knew what was happening, until Selena's father ( manager) remembered that they had just assigned a new person to take care of all the fan clubs, her name was Yolanda Saldivar. Yolanda was stealing the money from the fan members that was meant to buy to buy Selena fan club items. Soon Selena's manager started to hear complaints from angry fan club members. Yolanda was buying stuff for herself with the money. The whole Quintanilla family got together to fire Yolanda, but all Yolanda could do was say sorry and return the money. Well Yolanda had the money at her hotel and told Selena to come pick it all up tomorrow. The first time Selena went with her husband Chris Perez, but Yolanda wants home. The next day Selena went by herself and this time Yolanda was home. Yolanda started to tell Selena to let her make it up to her but Selena kept denying. Then Yolanda pulled out a gun and shot Selena. Yolanda was arrested and is still in jail to this day. Selena died at the hospital, having no chance of surveying.
contributions she made for the world
Selena left many behind for us. She left her music behind and her love for her fans. Selena was and will always be the Queen of Tejano music. Everyone loved Selena and when she passed every one was so sad. Even though i wasnt born when she was alive, her music still touches my heart it makes me connected to my mother in a way when she was younger. Selena was so loved by people every where, if people didnt know her they would have loved her to. Her memory will never fade.
Facts about Selena Quintanilla Perez
- Selena and her brother and sister would sing at their parents restaurant. she couldn't speak Spanish so when she would sign she would memorize the words to the songs.
- Selena's favorite restaurants were Pizza Hut and Olive Garden
- Selena sold 1.5 million records right before her death
- to this day, Selena is the only woman in Tejano History to have the most Tejano music awards.
- "Amor Prohibido" was Selena's favortie song because it was based off of her grandparents love story.
websites i used
- Pulso Pop
- Google (knowledge of the people)
- My own Knowledge