Blanche Sprentz Newsletter
September 12, 2022
- Attendance Matters - Please allow plenty of time to arrive to school ON TIME
8:00 AM - Transitional Kindergarten & Kindergarten
8:15 AM - Grades 1-5
- 2:45 PM Dismissal - M, T, W, F and 1:15 PM Dismissal on Thursdays
- Please do not use the front loop for dropping off/picking up. This is a designated Bus and After School Care Loop only.
- Every Friday is School Spirit Day - Wear BSE gear OR red
- TK & K Families - Mark Your Calendars for 3 All-Early Days: 9/30/22, 10/14/22, & 10/31/22
- FINAL Popsicle Sale this Friday after School
Stop by to purchase a popsicle ($1 each) after school this Friday, as we celebrate the final week of summer! TK & Kinder sales will be by the office (for both early and late release). 1-5th sales will be by the back gate. Cash & credit card accepted.
- Bear Run Friday, September 30th 8am-12pm.
Our largest fundraiser of the year is underway! Register your kids for online donations here: https://app.99pledges.com/fund/BSEBearRun/ Click the red "add participant" button to add your child. Donations can also be made by check made payable to "Blanche Sprentz PTO." More information was sent home in red folders last week.
Email Jen McKinney for more information or to volunteer to help at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mark your calendars for Spooky Sprentz- Friday, October 28th 5:00-7:00pm!
- You can purchase Spirit Wear for your child (or yourself) here: https://blanchesprentzpto.square.site/
Orders will be delivered to your child's class within 7 days.
- Join us at our next meeting September 21st (the 3rd Wednesday of the month) at 7:00 in room 6 and on Zoom.
- Las reuniones de PTO seran cada tercer Miercoles del mes. Interpretacion en Español disponsible, solo por peticion. Contacta a Veronica Pesavento (916)913-9300.
- Join the PTO here: https://www.fcusd.org/Page/45808
- Follow along with us online:
- 1. Website: fcusd.org/BlancheSprentzPTO
2. Facebook: facebook.com/BlancheSprentzPTO
3. Instagram: instagram.com/BlancheSprentzPTO
Thank you for your support and partnership!
Jenna Schuette, Principal
A Focus on Learning
BSE School Goals
- Increase Student Math Proficiency by 5% on the Renaissance Diagnostic
- Increase Cultural Awareness Proficiency Among Students, Staff, and Families
- Increase Student Proficiency in Grit by Setting Long-term Goals in Academics & Activities
Families Support School Goals By:
- Practice addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division math facts at home
- Play games with cards, dice, counting
- Practice measurement with kitchen tools, rulers, measuring tape
- Share your family heritage and traditions with others
- Support your student's family heritage projects at school
- Follow our monthly Heritage Awareness activities and resources
- Set and Track Reading and Step Count Goals with Students
3rd Grade Teacher, Mrs. Johnson, Shows School Spirit!
2022 Fire Prevention Poster or Video Contest
Student Submissions DUE October 21, 2022
Mark Your Calendar!
Friday, October 7th is Picture Day
The Calming Corner ~ Social-Emotional and Community Supports
Mental Health Guidance
Physiological Sigh (Huberman Lab)
For practical guidance on effective communication with your child, how to balance homework and home life, and ideas for how to praise your child, visit our Student Wellness Team's "Caregiver Support 2022" pamphlet in English and Spanish.
The American Academy of Pediatrics' Screen Time Guidelines
Internet and cell phone addiction in youth
Kelly Richardson, Marriage and Family Therapist, spoke on dangers our youth face with electronic media and how internet addiction affects our children.
To view the recorded presentation from May 2022 in its entirety, please click HERE
You can enable closed captioning in both English and Spanish
Links below were also provided at the May presentation, providing information and resources parents can use for keeping their children safe online.
Child readiness for cellphone chart
How to Really Prevent Screen Addiction
Keeping Children Safe on the Internet - Services and Devices
Parents Guide to Snapchat QR codes for Internet Safety Links