Know the signs! Get the facts!
What is a Concussion?
A concussion is temporary unconsciousness after a violent shock, fall, or injury to the head. A concussion alters the way your brain functions.
The effects of a concussion are usually temporary. Most of the time you will not have any long term effects after a concussion.
- Problems with concentration
Every concussion injures your brain to some extent!
- Girls seem to be more susceptible to a concussion than boys
- Girls may take longer to recover
- 40% of teens admit to lying about their symptoms
- A concussion does not always result in unconsciousness