Spring is Here!
Trucks and Big Rigs for Kids
Welcomes and Updates to Classes
We'd like to welcome some new families to Natureplay:
- Welcome back to Benji and his family! We're so glad to have you back! Benji will return to school on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Welcome to Caroline and her family! Caroline attends Monday afternoons.
- Welcome to Ryan! Although Ryan has been coming to Natureplay for two years, he's finally old enough to attend! Ryan will join the Thursday morning class.
- Welcome to Mia, who has been attending Wednesday afternoons, but will join the Wednesday morning class. Mia marks our 20th student in the Wednesday morning class - which is now full!
Rosanna's Taking Vacation
- All families planning on returning to Natureplay next year will need to fill out re-enrollment forms and pay a $40 deposit. Forms will be available by March 25th, and will need to be returned no later than April 7th.
- All children are currently enrolled through August 19th. If you plan on dropping for the summer, or if your Kindergarten program starts prior to the 19th, please let Rosanna know ASAP so that your fee schedule can be adjusted.
- Families returning next year do not need to attend the Open House on April 7th to re-enroll - just make sure you turn in your forms prior to the Open House to ensure you get first choice in your days.
Week of the Young Child
The Week of the Young Child is an annual celebration sponsored by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), the world's largest early childhood education association. The purpose of the Week of the Young Child is to focus public attention on the needs of young children and their families and to recognize the early childhood programs and services that meet those needs. Natureplay will participate in Week of the Young Child this year, which runs April 10th-16th. This year's theme for the week is "Celebrating Our Youngest Learners." Please see the schedule below for the activities we will participate in this year:
- Monday, April 11 - Music Monday - Percussion Magic will return this year for a special interactive drum show. Roeland Park Child Development Center will join us at Mill Creek Activity Center for this fun event.
- Tuesday, April 12 - Trail Walk Tuesday - Let's go out and explore the park. We'd love to have lots of parents accompany us on this special walk.
- Wednesday, April 13 - Work Together Wednesday - bring 1-2 small boxes or some other fun recycled materials from home today. We'll use the materials to build together throughout the day. Who knows what we'll create!
- Thursday, April 14 - Literacy Thursday - Bring some books from home or sign up to be a parent reader on Thursday. We'll spend our day reading inside and outside!
- Friday, April 15 - Family Friday - Join us for a healthy breakfast of fruit, yogurt and whole wheat bagels from 8:30-9:00.
March nature club will meet on Saturday, March 19th at the Schlagle Library at the Wyandotte County Lake. The presentation will be about nature's clean up crew and decomposition on the forest floor.
Mark your calendars for the April nature club, which will meet on Saturday, April 30th at 11:00 am. Activity TBD!