By: Haley Buckles
Leafy Greens has Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and Vitamin B6, it also has dietary fiber. The minerals that are in leafy greens are iron, and calcium.
Leafy Greens help remove free radicals in your body before they are harmful. They can also stop the growth of breast, skin, lung, and stomach cancer.
Where did it come from???
It orginated in Iran and Turkestan, but the first recorded evidence came from ancient Egypitian paintings around 2500 B.C
Caesar Salad Supreme Recipe
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 5 anchovy fillets, minced
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups day-old bread, cubed
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces Directions
- 20 m
Ready In35 m
- Mince 3 cloves of garlic, and combine in a small bowl with mayonnaise, anchovies, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cut the remaining 3 cloves of garlic into quarters, and add to hot oil. Cook and stir until brown, and then remove garlic from pan. Add bread cubes to the hot oil. Cook, turning frequently, until lightly browned. Remove bread cubes from oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl. Toss with dressing, remaining Parmesan cheese, and seasoned bread cubes