Be an International Guru
Be A Park Hero
Golden Gate Bridge Pavilion Volunteer
Do you enjoy talking to people from all over the world? Do you enjoy sharing your knowledge about San Francisco History with others? Do you like to meet new visitors to the city?
Volunteers are an integral part of the team at the Golden Gate Bridge. Working with the National Park Service and the Golden Gate National Park Conservancy, volunteers provide vital information and orientation services to the visiting public.
Location: Golden Gate Bridge Visitor Orientation Area
Hours per month: Minimum 8 hours, minimum 12 month commitment.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Staffing the Information Desk and providing information to the public.
- Roving the Golden Gate Bridge Visitor Area while providing visitors with information and orientation to the Golden Gate National Parks.
- Providing efficient, courteous services and helpful information to park visitors
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS DESIRED
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Must enjoy working with the general public
- Knowledge of local area and resources helpful
- Bilingual skills helpful
- Desire to learn and try new things are a must
- Personal enrichment and experience working in a national park setting
- Experience in communicating with people of diverse cultures
- Opportunity to get to know the park site intimately