The Day and a Life of STREAM TOSAs (12-11)
A little note from Steph
First of all, thank you for attending one of the grade level collaboration days. I think there is great value in having the same language as we work with classroom teachers. Also it was awe-inspiring to see that so much of what we want for our students is already starting to happen in the STREAM labs! You guys truly promote rigorous, relevant and high DOK thinking for our students. I know that at times it can be hard to find a balance as we continue to attempt in moving forward towards so many of our goals, but just remember you guys are doing a wonderful job and this is a process. As long as we continue to support each other, we will continue to grow!
- Monday, Dec 14th-Steph @ SSF for district meeting, I will only be able to visit Neva (sorry Eric & CC Discovery Labs-call if you need me!)
- Tuesday, Dec. 15th- Steph to see Neal & Jojo
- Thursday, Dec 16th-Steph to see Laurie
- Friday, Dec 17th- Steph to see Taylor
- WINTER BREAK!!! ( only 1 week away)
- BOOK A SUB!- Our planning day will be January 11th (Monday) and will replace our January monthly meeting.
Thanks and Shout Outs!
Thank you to everyone who was able to come help with our booth at the STEAM Maker Fest!
- Sample Lessons for integration (mentioned as a recommended resource in framework)-http://www.californiaeei.org/Curriculum/
- Please conduct a survey asap (by the end of Jan the latest) with your students so we have some quantitative data for our program. As you finish you can pony the surveys over to CC. Here is one sample (I would say something like this could be used 3-6), I believe Gina has another but PLEASE feel free to make your own (and please share!- this will provide consistency for the spring survey) For k-2 I would recommend limiting questions (5 for k and up to10 for 2nd) and perhaps just having the happy, medium, sad faces. If you have questions please feel free to reach out.
- The California Department of Education (CDE) is pleased to announce that the first draft of the 2016 Science Framework for California Public Schools, Kindergarten Through Grade Twelve (Science Framework) is available for its first 60-day period of review and comment.The public has until January 19, 2016, to review the Science Framework online. The draft framework is on the CDE Science Framework Public Review and Comment Web page, where the public may leave comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.