May 2nd, 2016
TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK! BINION'S TEACHERS ARE THE BEST HANDS DOWN!
Monday--- Lunch provided by Carrabba’s
Tuesday---- Lunch provided by Administrators(assorted wraps, chips and salad) Sweet tea and water
Wednesday--- Lunch provided by PTA (Mexican-Fajitas), Pies and personal gift from Administrators
Thursday---- Fresh fruit, lemonade, tea and water
Friday----- Luncheon provided by Custodial Staff in lieu of Mother’s Day
Monday May 2nd, Red 4-Staff Meeting Grant Awards 3:45, Progress Monitoring with STAR 360 window opens
Tuesday May 3rd Orange 5-
Wednesday May 4th Yellow Day 1- Windsuit Wednesday, ARDS, FAB meeting after school, Staff turn in your forms! New Teachers to BISD Celebration BTAL 4:15
Thursday May 5th Green 2-No Good News Club! Teacher of the Year Golden Gala, Mrs. Brown off campus,
Friday May 6th Blue 3- 2nd grade field trip, STAAR Pep Parade 2:15, Mrs. Brown off campus,
Staff members who volunteered at the carnival Friday or Saturday may wear JEANS THE REST OF THE SCHOOL YEAR!!!
Shout out teachers and staff members who helped out with the carnival Friday or Saturday! We couldn't have done it without ya!
Thank you staff for the appreciation cards and treats for our volunteers on Friday for volunteer appreciation breakfast! Shout out to Ms. Delgado, Mrs. Thompson, Mrs. Burroughs, Mrs. Grubb, Mrs. Rourke, Mrs. Brown, and Mrs. Pryor for organizing, decorating, and making the volunteer breakfast run smoothly.
Great turn out at Barnes and Noble Binion Night! Thank you Mrs. Campoverde, you did a great job with the choir. Shout out to Mrs. Venegas for organizing it! Shout out to Mrs. Jacobson, Mrs. Gonzalez, Ms. Ibarra, Mrs. Grubb, and Mrs. Beale for attending!
Thank you to Mrs. Venegas for a fun Dia Day for 3rd grade!
Shout out to 3rd grade and their creative punkish Rock the STAAR outfits for Fridays STAAR bootcamp!
Shout out to Mrs. Calahan for providing the FREE petting zoo and pony rides at the carnival on Saturday!
EVERYONE - Peer Observation Feedback
- Here is the link to your responses regarding your observations last Monday. There is a lot of great, positive feedback in here. Definitely worth a view: https://docs.google.com/a/g.birdvilleschools.net/spreadsheets/d/1xBduD8cmpG_PkEDD4POdiAR9vfQeAUbh_kkvX1AnD_A/edit?usp=sharing
EVERYONE - Progress Monitoring
- The progress monitoring window for STAR Early Literacy, STAR Reading, STAR Math, and ISIP will open tomorrow, May 2nd, and will close May 13th. This is your LAST opportunity to monitor progress for all Tier 2s and Tier 3s. Of course, you are welcome to have all students complete these assessments. See Mrs. Venegas and Ms. Dotson for open computer time (there will be no available computer time on May 9th or 10th due to STAAR).
EVERYONE - STAAR Day Info
- There will be no specials, recess, computer lab, or library usage on May 9th or 10th. I will be utilizing all specials teachers and specialists those two days for testing. Although we have 5th grade science STAAR on May 11th, we will still have specials. We will place an open gym sign-up in the lounge for May 9th and 10th.
3rd, 4th, 5th - More STAAR info
- I will be giving small group administrators their testing rosters later this week. They will come by and chat with their students to discuss where and when they are supposed to meet on testing morning.
- Supplemental aids - If you have a student who has supplemental aids as an accommodation, please label them with the student's name and turn them into me by the end of the day on Wednesday - no exceptions, sorry. FYI - you may want to make a copy of the aid for yourself, because if a student writes on it, I have to destroy it after testing.
- Breakfast - On STAAR testing days, breakfast will be provided for 3rd, 4th, and 5th. On these days, you may want to pick your students up a few minutes early from the gym. You will take your kids to the classroom, get everything put away, take lunch count, and attendance (yes, I know it's before 10:00, but these days are exceptions to that rule). Please make note of who's absent. You will tell Sherri who's absent when you come to breakfast so we can call them. PLEASE wait in your classroom until you are CALLED to come to breakfast. :-) After breakfast, take your kids to the restroom. All testing is to begin no later than 9:00.
- Materials sign-out - I will place a sign-up sheet outside my office for you to check out your materials on STAAR days. Please remember your time and be on time.
- That's all I have for now, but I will be sending out emails this week. I apologize in advance, but please make sure you read them carefully.
- If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
If you are thinking about retaining a student, please complete this Google Form by April 29th: http://goo.gl/forms/7845EYptxE (I realize you do not have EOY data yet, so please include what you do have.)
But the "Buddy Bench" is near...!!
"Getting to Know You: Mystery Person of the Week
* Born BIg D little a, double l, a, s
* Universitied at what was formerly East Texas State University
* An exciting Event: Babysitting for Jerry Hall's family in their home. I got to look through all of their Rolling Stones memorabilia!
* Hobbies Include travel. Read on...
* Favorite Vacations: I have been to about a dozen tropical islands, and would like to see many more.
* Most interesting person to have dinner with: My mother. So many questions; so many thank you's.
* An embarrassing moment: Getting locked outside my home while inappropriately dressed--- yes it was just like that recurring nightmare!
* Brief memorable comment a child once said to you: "I love you like a dinosaur loves to roll in moss."
* Favorite musical group or type of music: I have attended numerous concerts ranging from John Denver to the Rolling Stones.
* Other tidbits: I am an animal lover; I am petrified of balloons; I enjoy Fitbit challenges!!!
* And to close it out, here's what I plan to say when one day I am on Wheel of Fortune: "I am happily married to a great guy who makes me laugh, have two brilliant sons and daughters-in-law; two precious grandsons, and a handsome blue dog that i loved so very much. I'd like to buy a vowel now!"
Email me your guess by noon tomorrow. The winning guesses will go in the drawing for a jeans pass!!
Get to Know your Colleagues!
Have You Seen This!!!
StoryKit is a multimedia storytelling mobile app. It allows users to create electronic storybooks and share them with others. StoryKit is a practical tool for teachers. They can use it to create their own storytelling books and share them with their students. It is all free and anyone can use it easily. StoryKit is compatible with iPod touch, iPhone touch, and iPad.
http://bie.org/project_search/results/search&channel=project_search&category=315&&316&ps_first=315&ps_second=316/P30also Tier 1 Project Base Learning Ideas
http://www.texaspsp.org/ Project Base Learning Ideas
- Reading Fluency Passage Generator
Want to see our page?
Want to see our page?
Text to : 81010
Text this Message: @binion