Tison Roo News 2015-16
Week of November 10th - 13th
UPCOMING TISON EVENTS
Monday, Nov.9 –- SCHOOL HOLIDAY / NJHS Induction Ceremony @ 6 PM in Tison Cafeteria
Tuesday, Nov. 10 –- ROO EXPO, JR. from 1:15 PM to 2:45 PM in Tison Cafeteria & Gym
Wednesday, Nov. 11 –- Veteran’s Day (Jeans for Troops)
NJHS Induction Ceremony
Monday, Nov. 9th, 6pm
Tison Middle School Cafeteria
Family and friends are more than welcome to join us in celebrating the academic achievements of our Tison students!
Also -- we will be selling NJHS member magnets and decals for $3.00 each or 2 for $5.00.
ROO EXPO, JR.
Tuesday, Nov. 10th, 1:15-2:45pm
Tison Middle School Cafeteria & Gym
Students currently in Mrs. Baird's Touch System Data Entry class will be creating theirs in class November 19th and 20th with help from the WHS counselors.
CONCESSION STAND VOLUNTEERS
We need your help at the Tison Basketball Games!
We are currently signing up workers for both the girls and boys basketball games that are played at Tison. Please use the following link to sign up and help out!
Basketball Concession Stand Volunteer Sign-up: http://vols.pt/fLQsTd
LETTER TO BAND PARENTS FROM TISON PRINCIPAL
November 5, 2015
Dear Band Parents,
Mr. Luvin Villarreal, Tison Head Band Director, will now be working in the Band Department at Weatherford High School. This morning, all band students were informed about the personnel change. Tomorrow morning, Friday, November 6th, the new Tison Head Band Director, Jim Dixon, will begin his new position at Tison. Lauren Solano will continue in her position as our Assistant Band Director.
Mr. Dixon comes to Weatherford ISD with thirty years of Band Director experience at the Middle School level. Please join me in welcoming him to the Tison and Weatherford ISD family. You will find his contact information below.
Jim Dixon, Tison Middle School Head Band Director
Phone 817-598-2960 ext. 4145
We look forward to continuing the tradition of excellence in the Tison Band Department. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
STUDENT SPOTLIGHT -- 20 QUESTIONS IN 60 SECONDS
Kimberly Vieyra Gonzalez, 7th Grader
Kimberly, who is new to Tison this year, has been praised by the teacher who nominated her for "always giving 100% effort. She is learning very quickly and wants to do well in her classes."
In order to get to know Kimberly a little better, she completed a student version of the questionnaire - "20 Questions in 60 Seconds". Below are her answers:
1. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
2. Do you have any pets? If so, what are their names?
yes, her name is Cookie
3. If you could have the perfect birthday party, what would it be?
with my friends and a boy band
4. What is your favorite food?
5. What is your favorite kind of candy?
6. What is your favorite color?
a combination of blue and green
7. What is your favorite zoo animal?
8. What do you want to be when you get older? Why?
I want to study communications because I always like to say my opinion
9. What is one thing you don't know how to do that you wish you did?
10. What is your favorite thing to study at school?
11. What do you like to do for fun?
12. Do you prefer to spend your time inside or outside?
13. What do you like to do as soon as you get home from school?
14. What is your favorite TV show? Why?
15. What is your favorite movie? Why?
16. What is the best toy that you ever had?
17. What is your favorite restaurant?
18. Who has the best kids' meal toys right now?
19. What is your favorite book?
20. What is your favorite video game?
STAFF SPOTLIGHT -- 20 QUESTIONS IN 60 SECONDS
James Gibbens -- 8th Grade American History Teacher & Boys' Athletics Coach
James was chosen as the staff spotlight this week because he has a birthday coming up on November 15th -- happy early Birthday, Coach Gibbens! Check out the questions he was able to answer.
1. What three traits define you?
2. What is your personal philosophy?
Look for opportunities to leave the world and people a better place
3. What's one thing you couldn't live without?
4. What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome in your life thus far?
5. What is the one thing you cannot resist?
A good steak
6. What is your greatest fear?
Compromising on who I am
7. Where is your favorite place to be?
Home with the family
8. What is your favorite thing to do?
Read and go outside with the family
9. Where is the best place you've traveled to and why?
England...the history is amazing
10. What's the weirdest job you've ever had?
11. What does true leadership mean to you?
Being a servant first
12. Which one would you want most -- flying cars, robot housekeepers, or moon cities?
Robot Housekeepers...makes my wife's life a little easier
13. What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed in your lifetime?
IPhone...seems like I can't live without it
14. What would you do (for a career) if you weren't doing this?
15. If you could do another job for just one day, what would it be?
16. What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13?
Be quiet and pay more attention
17. What are your three most overused words/phrases?
Alright, couple of things...only two I can really think of
18. How do you define success?
By the legacy you leave behind
19. What is the best book you have ever read?
Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan
20. Tell us something that might surprise us about you.
CONNECT WITH TISON ON TWITTER!
Just search for and then "follow" the following:
@tisonprincipal (Principal, Carrie Harrison)
@WeatherfordDad (Assistant Principal, Trace Craft)
@LisaEdmunds (Assistant Principal, Lisa Edmunds)
@1LBaird (Keyboarding teacher, Laura Baird)
@belledirector (Tison All Stars/WHS Blue Belles Director, Laura Buckner)
@MrsFentonTMS (7th grade Math & yearbook teacher, Leslie Fenton)
@Profe_Ferrell (Spanish teacher & NJHS co-sponsor, Kym Ferrell)
@mrsafowler (Texas History teacher, Amanda Fowler)
@coachgommert (7th grade Science teacher & coach, Colton Gommert)
@tisonlibrary (Librarian, Leah Greer)
@MharrisScience (7th grade Science teacher, Melissa Harris)
@AndreaHayward3 (8th grade Math teacher, Andrea Hayward)
@KerfootSylvia (STACI aide, Sylvia Kerfoot)
@ErinLight3 (7th grade ELA teacher & Tennis coach, Erin Light)
@SimplyDramaStac (Theater Arts teacher, Stacey Mitchell)
@wmohr8 (8th grade Math teacher, Wendy Mohr)
@mattnovikoff (Inclusion/Math Resource Teacher, Matt Novikoff)
@stpatterson11 (8th grade ELA teacher & cheerleading sponsor)
@smilesas8 (8th grade Science teacher, Sally Scott)
@ToniScience (8th grade Science teacher & NJHS co-sponsor, Toni Smith)