The Golden Apple
COVID Testing Resources
- 217 N Cedar Lake Rd, Round Lake. 847-960-1519 (Free, No appointment required)
- 389 Wilson Rd, Round Lake. 224-730-3522 (Free, No appointment required)
- 680 Civic Center Way, Round Lake Beach. 847-740-6795 (Free, No appointment required)
- CVS 1229 IL-134, Round Lake. 847-740-6795 (Appointment required)
The College of Lake County, Grayslake Campus also offers free testing. Please complete your registration on their testing website.
Additionally, every home in the U.S. is now eligible to order 4 free at-home COVID-19 tests. The tests are completely free and can be ordered at covidtests.org.
Community Food Resources
There are several locations available for families to access food resources. A comprehensive list of locations may be accessed at https://solvehungertoday.org/get-help/where-to-get-food/. Some of the closest locations within the Round Lake Area include the following.
101 N Cedar Lake Rd, Round Lake, IL
Avon Cares Food Pantry
25519 W IL Rte 134, Ingleside, IL
Community CARE Center of The Chapel
25270 W Hwy 60, Grayslake, IL
Please contact Heather Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org or 224-842-2015 if you have any questions about this information.
New Hope Christian Community Church's Community Closet will be open on February 13 & 16. The Closet is stocked with clothing for adults and children, household items, diapers, and more.
Please visit their Community Closet website for additional details.
Avon Township Resources
- General Assistance: This would be your first step in finding the help you need. Avon Township has many programs for income qualified households. Financial help in General or Emergency Assistance, Diaper program for youth and seniors, Essential program that provides household supplies, as well as some Senior Services. Avon has referral services to help you find an agency to fit your needs.
- Assessor: The Avon Township Assessor is responsible for assessing property, uniformly, according to value. The property assessment is the basis from which all local taxing bodies receive funds from their yearly levies. Also helping seniors file for their tax freeze or exemptions.
- Highway: The highway department oversees the construction, maintenance, and repair of roads within the unincorporated areas of the district.
Winter Weather School Planning
Please be aware that if schools need to be closed to students and staff due to hazardous weather conditions, an Asynchronous Learning Day (E-Learning Day) may be considered.
If an Asynchronous/E-Learning Day is called students will be expected to access Canvas for learning instructions. Additionally, teachers will hold open Zoom meetings as follows:
- Preschool: Check-in meeting (9:00am-9:15am for AM Session & 1:00pm-1:15pm for PM Session)
- Elementary (Grades K-5): Morning classroom check-in meeting (9:00am-9:30am)
- Secondary (Grades 6-12+): Open office hours (9:00am-9:30am)
Detailed Asynchronous Learning Day instructions may be viewed on your child's Canvas classroom page.
Announcement of an Asynchronous Learning Day will be made with as much notice as possible.
Twilight Tutoring Program
We are pleased to announce that a Twilight Tutoring Program is available to all RLAS-116 students, in grades K-12!
Twilight Tutoring provides students with virtual access to certified teaching staff after the regular school hours have ended on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 5:30pm-7:30pm.
Teachers will assist with assignments as well as provide targeted academic support to students in math, science, ELA, and social studies.
Students may access the Help icon in a Canvas course to access the tutoring zoom link.
Please contact your child’s teacher or school administration if you have questions about the Twilight Tutoring Program.