This Week in DHS Band and Guard
Week of February 13, 2023
This Week's Schedule
Monday, February 13th
- Symphonic Band Brass, 4:45-5:45 pm
Tuesday, February 14th
- Wind Ensemble Low Brass, 4:45-5:45 pm
- JV Winter Guard 4:45-6:45 pm
- Varsity Winter Guard 5:30-8:30 pm
Wednesday, February 15th
- Wind Ensemble French Horns, 8-8:50 am
- Symphonic Band Woodwinds, 4:45-5:45 pm
- Varsity Winter Guard 5-8 pm
Thursday, February 16th
- JV Winter Guard 7:30-8:55 am
- Wind Ensemble Trumpets, 8-8:50 am
- Letter Jacket Fitting, 4:30 pm, Band Hall
- Wind Ensemble Woodwinds, 4:45-5:45 pm
Friday, February 17th
- Student Holiday
- JV Winter Guard 4-6 pm
- Varsity Winter Guard 6-8 pm
Saturday, February 18th
- TCGC Hays Winter Guard Competition (be on the lookout for an email from Ms. Booher for details)
Percussion Sectional Schedule
Comal ISD Band Scholarship
Below is the link to the District Band Scholarship Google Form. All seniors in band or color guard are eligible to apply for the scholarship. The deadline for submitting the scholarship application is Monday, February 20th by 4:00pm.
Letter Jacket Fittings
The fitting for letter jackets for the students that lettered this year is Thursday, February 16th at 4:30 pm in the band hall.
Here is how to qualify for a letter jacket in band and color guard taken from our Band Handbook.
All band members may be eligible to earn a letter jacket if they meet any of following requirements:
1. Must be in band for three years with at least 75% participation in full ensemble UIL competitions and be enrolled in band for their senior year. (Move-ins will still be eligible when they are seniors)
2. Make the All-Region Band or earn a 1st Division rating on a solo or ensemble at the UIL Solo and Ensemble Contest.
3. Completing a full season as a member of the Varsity Winter Guard.
Students need to provide the following items for their uniform.
- Black dress shoes (closed toe, can be marching shoes)
- Black crew length sock or hosiery
- White undershirt for boys
All students are required to stay until the end of the concert. We are asking students to help move equipment back to the band hall.
Hosting Winter Guard Contest
Pre-UIL Concert Rescheduled
The Middle School Region Band and High School Jazz Band Clinic and Concert has been rescheduled to March 28th.
Florida Trip Update
We are having a mandatory trip meting for all students attending the trip on Monday, March 6th at 7 pm. The student and one parent are required to be at the meeting to get information.
Here are the hotel room assignments.
Also, here is which park we will be starting and ending our day while on the trip. Students will be able to park hop starting at 2 pm when we are at Disney parks.
Sunday, March 12 - Magic Kingdom (11 am entry)
Monday, March 13 - Hollywood Studios
Tuesday, March 14 - Universal
Wednesday, March 15 - Epcot (Workshop day)
Thursday, March 16 - Magic Kingdom
Here is an updated itinerary. We are now leaving at 3 pm on March 11th and will be returning on Friday, March 17th.
2023 Summer Band Dates
Here are dates for next year's Summer Band Camps.
2023 DHS Marching Band Summer Dates (required)
- May 30-June 1, June Camp
- June 3, Band Registration
- July 15-16, Drum Major Camp
- July 17-19, Student Leadership Team Camp
- July 24-28, Drum Camp
- July 24-28, Color Guard Camp (tentative)
- July 27th, Summer Band begins for all (Winds, Percussion, and Guard)
Saxophone Lesson Information
Fee payments (Use this link for everything except instrument usage fees.)
- February 21st, Mid-Winter UIL Preview Concert (Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band only), Davenport HS, 7 pm
- February 22nd, Band Booster Meeting, 6:30 pm
- February 28th, Percussion Solo Recital, Davenport HS, evening
- March 6th, Florida Trip Meeting, 7 pm
- March 7th, Jazz Night, Pieper HS, 7 pm
- March 11th-17th, Florida Trip
- March 23rd, Pre-UIL Concert, Davenport HS, 7 pm
- March 28th, Region Jazz Clinic and Concert, Davenport HS
- May 26th, Graduation, Wolf Stadium
Director of Bands
Associate Band Director
Color Guard Director
Color Guard Assistant Director
Director of Bands
Assistant Director of Bands