Technology Update: The REAL Deal
Follow along at www.smore.com/hgewu
TECHNOLOGY innovation Design Team Purpose
evaluate the systems and processes for supporting the technology deployment of student devices
- create the professional learning plan to support flexible and personalized learning
- support the implementation of a transformative technology measurement system aligned to the Strategic Plan
The Simplified Criteria
Click here for a more detailed description of each cell in the Cohort Sorting Rubric, as well as videos exemplifying transformative use of technology for teaching and learning. There is also a form link to send us all of your questions!
For U.E. 2.0 on February 3rd. . .
- Complete your initial staff sort on the Google Doc provided for you
- You may involve your staff in a self-assessment, utilize your Campus Innovation Coach, or any help you deem necessary
- Roughly 10% will become "Cohort 1" in addition to your CIC, and will be the first group engaged.
- Explore the TIM
- Check out the Professional Learning Plan (linked in this smore below)
The Professional Learning Plan calls for experiences to. . .
be ongoing, personalized, and just-in-time.
be grounded in the appropriate mindset - educators need a growth mindset with regard to both technology and pedagogy to ensure that the application and use of technology that is informed by sound instructional practices.
keep educators up-to-date and adequately prepared to use technology tools and digital materials.
include support for educators to harness technology to examine data and analyze student learning outcomes to better plan, improve, and differentiate.
prepare educators to create and maintain flexible, learner-centered, and tech-infused learning environments.
promote innovation and collaboration with other educators, content experts, students, and a local and global community of learners.
model specific examples of transformative integration across curricular areas.
allow educators time to design and iterate meaningful learning experiences.
- promote educators and students as evaluators and curators of the best new and emerging technology for effective and transformative use.