Missouri Bar Civic Ed Road Show
Monday, March 25, 2019
Registration has closed as the session is full!
GOCSD is pleased to host the Missouri Bar Civic Education Road Show on Monday, March 25, 2019 from 8:45am to 3:00pm at the Southwest Lindenwood Campus located at 909 E Republic Road Springfield, MO.
If you are a Missouri middle or high school Social Studies, Government, and/or History teacher, this session is for YOU! Not only will you have the opportunity to earn 6 FREE professional development hours, the Missouri Bar will pay $50 toward your sub pay for the day!
Although electronic devices (iPhones, iPads, laptop computers, etc.) will not be allowed during the sessions, a binder and flash drive with all materials, along with lunch will be provided FREE of charge! Participants will have time during breaks and lunch to check phone messages, etc.
Dress code for the day is business casual, so please dress appropriately (no jeans, shorts, tank tops, etc.)
Sessions on the First Amendment Freedom of Speech will be delivered by faculty composed of Missouri Bar personnel, experienced teachers, area attorneys, and judges. Participants will be presented with information about key decisions of the US Supreme Court and their relevance to the DESE American Government Standards and themes.
Teachers will receive hands-on training about techniques that will create an interactive learning environment and require student to engage in exercises that demand analysis, critical thinking, and effective communication.
Past participants of the Road Show have said:
- The techniques presented were thought provoking, engaging, and applicable to my curriculum.
- I enjoyed the interactive lessons and discussions. The presenters did a fantastic job of keeping the conversation interesting and fun. It was hands on and very informational.
- I like the collaboration with teachers from other districts and developing new strategies.
- I really learned a lot today! The lessons were simple and very thought provoking. Students will love the materials. The presenters gave great lesson plan ideas.
- The activities we did can be applied in the classroom setting. Presenters were very informed and knowledgeable on the content being shared.
For any questions about the event pertaining to the event content, sub pay, materials, etc., please contact:
- Dr. Anthony Simones, email@example.com 573-638-2250
- Becky Libbert, firstname.lastname@example.org 573-638-2252
Monday, March 25, 2019 - Southwest Lindenwood Campus
Monday, March 25th, 8:45am-3pm
909 East Republic Road
GOCSD Member Districts
Ash Grove, Aurora, Ava, Blue Eye, Bolivar, Branson, Cabool, Camdenton, Clever, Dadeville, Everton, Fair Grove, Fair Play, Fordland, Forsyth, Gainesville, Galena, Halfway, Hartville, Hermitage, Hickory Co. (Skyline), Hollister, Houston, Hurley, Kirbyville, Laclede County C-5, Laclede Co. (Conway), Lebanon, Logan-Rogersville, Macks Creek, Mansfield, Marion C. Early (Morrisville), Marionville, Mark Twain, Marshfield, Miller, Mountain Grove, Mountain View – Birch Tree, Nixa, Oak Hill, Ozark, Pierce City, Plainview, Plato, Pleasant Hope, Redeemer Lutheran, Reeds Spring, Republic, Sarcoxie, Seymour, Sparta, Springfield, Strafford, Summit Preparatory School, Taneyville, Thayer, Weaubleau, West Plains, Willard, Willow Springs