The Journey Of The Hat
The Raw Materials Of The Beanie Hat
- My beanie is ordered by a company that sells the hat, in this case its the brand UGG
- That then gets sent out to all of the suppliers which are Australia, Ireland, UK, and USA
- All of those supply's get sent on a very large cargo ship, which gets shipped to china
- From China it goes to a factory, where my hat is manufactured
- I order online for a beanie
- I then receive it after a few weeks and start wearing it
That's a huge reason why I support Globalization
On this link it has the map with the boxes of explanations. https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1GFup-EjNznB-R0C_jAHWBa1d0wc
The Types Of Globalizaton
- I paid only $15 for my beanie
- That money is separated
- Some of it goes to the transportation of the goods, the farmers for the raw materials on the farms, and the manufacturer
- For the manufacturing part of my hat some of the people did not get paid enough for their labor
- A solution to this problem is to give every worker a decent home and necessities, so that the workers can save up their money and give it to their families on the farms, and keep some for themselves.
- The people making my hat have lived very hard lives with low pay
- Smaller shoe businesses are losing their companies because of the UGG company, UGG also sells boots
- Workers are dedicated to their work because this is the only work that they can get more pay than working on the farms
- The workers are separated from their families so they can work to support them, but they can't see them all of the time
- Technology has a big factor in how globalization effects us each day
- In the united states we are able to use the internet to communicate with other countries, that helps us trade products that are needed to import and export for money
- A huge factor that makes globalization happen are the cargo shipping containers and ships, without them I wouldn't of have half the things I have today
- A problem with technology is that its easier for things to be hacked or spied on, like patents and other blueprints of ideas or things that could be products, and it could ruin another company if that ever got out
- A solution that the problem of the technology being hacked is to use only cameras to record the patents and other major ideas, and when your ready to publicize the idea you can share it to the world online.
- The Factories in less developed countries are creating more pollution which is hurting the environment
- There are many factories near the coastlines of places so its easier to export goods/items
- The smog effects the workers everywhere, workers are forced to work in this condition or they don't keep there "well paid jobs."
The four categories of globalization with their problems and solutions, have definitely effected the way my hat was made.