October 30, 2022
October Important Days
31st Halloween Parade
- 1:10 Prek/ Tk/ K
- 1:45 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
1st Super Minimum Day @ 11:45am
4th Principal Coffee @ 8:30
9th Second Harvest Food Distribution @ 2:30
- 7:00pm Board Meeting
10th McKinley Fair for 5th grade At Taft
- Color Day for studenst
11th. Veterans Day ( NO SCHOOL)
17th 3rd Grade participates with MSI visit
18th Lock Down Drill
- Minimum Day
21st and 22nd. Parent Conferences
23rd-25th SCHOOL IS CLOSED NO SCHOOL
28th SSC @ 3:30
Kindness is the quality of being generous, compassionate and considerate. We have many students who daily show kindness to others and it is an important skill to have. In the article the Benefits of teaching kindness and gratitude to our children by Tami Silverman, President & CEO of Indiana Youth Institute states the following:
Research shows that teaching and modeling the social competencies of kindness and compassion produces significant benefits for children and youth, including:
- Increased levels of happiness, caring and emotional well-being. Acts of kindness help children form connections that are positively associated with increased happiness.
- A greater sense of belonging and improved self-esteem. The rush of endorphins related to helping others creates a sense of lasting pride, optimism, and self-worth.
- Improved health and less stress. Service among teens is linked to lower rates of drug use and pregnancy. Altruism often releases oxytocin, a hormone that reduces stress levels.
- Increased feelings of gratitude. Helping others provides perspective, prompting young people to appreciate the bright spots of their own circumstances.
- Better concentration. Kindness is connected with increased positivity and serotonin levels. This combination often results in better sleep, memory, learning, attention spans, and willingness to learn.
I look forward to hearing and seeing how our students are showing kindness at school, after school programs, and at home. Here is a video of a book about kindness.
Be kind video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAo4-2UzgPo
The Halloween Parade will take place on the 31st of October
TK and Kinder classes parade will be at 1:10 pm on the big playground.
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th parade will be at 1:45pm on the big playground.
We hope parents of students being recognized can join us for the morning assembly.
- 8:30. TK-2nd grade
- 9:00 3rd-5th grade
Super Minimum Day
Students who attend BGCP and PAL and our TK students who go to CDC will be served lunch only at school.
All others students will be given a meal at recess.
PLEASE PLAN ON PICKING UP YOUR STUDENT ON TIME IF THEY ARE NOT IN THE AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS.
TK will dismissal from the same area they get dismissed daily.
Kinder will be dismissed by the kinder gate where TK gets dismissed.
All others students from 1st-5th will be dismissed from the main gate.
Parent Survey for workshops
RCEF ( Redwood City Education Foundation)
Members of the RCEF Board of Directors use their personal and professional resources and expertise to:
- Support fundraising campaigns
- Build community relationships
- Connect families and students with community resources
- Guide the organization’s strategic direction
Interested in joining our team? Check us out at https://www.rcef.org/about and email us at email@example.com.
5th Grade Families: Information for middle school below.
5th grade Families
Inclusive Schools Week
Inclusive Schools Week Planning Meeting
Reunión de Planificación de la Semana de las Escuelas Inclusivas
Time/Hora: Oct 25, 2022 07:00 PM - 08:00 PM Pacific Time
Meeting ID: 884 3979 5251
Reporting an absence
By phone: 650-482-2416
Google form link https://forms.gle/5cy3enb6TYaeXief8
Video on how to become a school volunteer
You can also use the QR code to see the video.
Taft Family Center
Coordinator: Elsa Aispuro
Taft Parent Handbook
Please visit this link to view our Student Parent Handbook. All information in regards to school is in it.
Some information in the handbook:
- School vision and mission
- Bell Schedule
- Minimum Days Schedule
- School Policies
- Family Center resources
Parent Student Handbook link