May 23rd, 2016
Spirit Week Brought to You by Student Council
Monday, May 23rd: Sports Day- Wear your favorite sports team clothes or sports teams color to school.
Tuesday, May 24th: Teamwork Tuesday- Dress According to your chosen class color. Don’t forget to continue to bring in donations to support Deweyville Elementary School.
PK: Red K: Orange 1st: Purple 2nd: Green 3rd: Blue 4th: Yellow 5th: White 6th: Black
Wednesday, May 25th: Character Day- Dress up as a character from your favorite book, movie, tv show, etc…! Please - no halloween costumes, props, face masks, or face paint - use your clothes to create the look!
Thursday, May 26th: Beach Day- Rain or shine, wear your best beach attire! Don’t forget floral shirts and sunglasses, but please leave those beach hats at home!
Friday, May 27th : Workout Day- Wear breathable clothes to work out in for Field Day!
Together, we can all show our united school spirit by participating in this one week long event. Show your inner F O X!
Notes and Reminders
- Triple check that all student testing has been completed. The benchmarking period is closing. It is essential that each student is assessed during the benchmarking period in order to set ECRA projections.
- Please encourage your students to swing by the lost and found to determine if anything is theirs. Items will be donated once school ends.
- The end-of-year checklist will be sent out later this week.
- Interested in a stipend position next year? Please let me know. Also, let me know if you're ready to give up your current stipend position. If I don't hear otherwise, I'm keeping the list the same as this year.
- I will be checking our clustering Google doc often to determine the progress of building class lists for next year. Please let me know how I can support you throughout the process.
- Please continue to maintain a normal routine. If you plan any end of year activity/celebration, please get my prior approval. Also, please review the building expectations often with students. Their memories of being respectful, responsible, and safe are failing.
- In your weekly communication to parents, please continue to remind them to register for next school year (especially if the following grade level will potentially split).
For collaboration purposes, it's a B week.
Monday, May 23rd
Data Reviews (Check schedule shared via Google Docs)
Library books due
Tuesday, May 24th
State Science Test for Fifth Graders
Reg out for WESS negotiations
Wednesday, May 25th
Woodridge Public Library Program Presentation in LRC
Thursday, May 26th
PTO Volunteer Appreciation Dinner
Friday, May 27th
Field Day - Normal Lunch Routine
Last day of gifted services
Mark Your Calendars...
May 30th - No School, Memorial Day
May 31st - Second Grade Field Trip (Arboretum)
May 31st - Board of Education Awards Ceremony (7PM)
June 1st - GRADES DUE (8am)
June 2nd - All School Walk/Run, All School Picnic, Intermediate Awards Assembly
June 3rd - Return all chromebooks to LRC (with headphones and mice)