Resolution: Teaching Tools
January 2018 CT2 Newsletter
Resolved to add new tools to your teaching toolbox? We have the programs to get you started!
A Note from Our Director
It’s my pleasure to welcome all faculty back to their home campuses as we begin the spring semester. I am excited about stepping in as the director of the CT2 and look forward to meeting and developing a working relationship with you.
As our unified centers move forward, you can expect us to continue to offer a variety of high quality faculty development programming, and I encourage faculty on all campuses to participate.
Through this newsletter we will keep you informed of current programming, services, and new developments to better serve you. I invite you to review our spring events and other opportunities on our website and to look for opportunities to add more tools to your teaching toolbox.
Best wishes for the new semester!
Dr. Nancy Remler, CT2 Director
- January 16; 10:00-11:30 a.m. – STATESBORO: Career Toolbox – Planning, Documenting, and Demonstrating Teaching Effectiveness: Course Reflections
- January 19; 2:30-4:00 p.m. – STATESBORO: Teaching Toolbox – Approaches to Scholarly Teaching and SoTL
- January 22; 10:00-11:30 a.m. – STATESBORO: Teaching Toolbox – Getting Students to Do the Reading
- February 2; 12:00-1:30 p.m. – ARMSTRONG: Creating a Teaching Portfolio
- February 8; 11:00-12:30 a.m. – ARMSTRONG: Teaching with Discussions
Faculty who attend four Teaching Toolbox workshops, submit four action plans, and complete a capstone reflection are eligible to receive a Teaching Toolbox Certificate.
Certificates and Intensive Programs
Each of our certificates is tied to an intensive program. Be sure to sign up for the right intensive program to get you started!
- Teaching Toolbox Certificate - Teaching Toolbox Workshops
- Innovations in Teaching Certificate - Book Discussion Groups (start January 24th and 30th)
- Reflections in Teaching Certificate - Teaching Academy (starts January 25th)
- Teaching Online Certificate - Developing and Teaching Courses Online (registration closes January 24th)
If you're interested in enrolling in a certificate program, contact Lauren Barbeau (email@example.com).
Are you teaching or planning to teach a course that incorporates both face-to-face and online instructional components? Join us for the Blended Course Design Institute to (re)design your blended course using research-based principles.
The seminar provides a collegial work environment and guidance on the design of various course components. All accepted applicants will receive a copy of Kathryn E. Linder’s Blended Course Design Workbook. Attendance is limited to 12 participants.
- February 13, 20, 27; 9:30-12:00 p.m.
- March 6, 20, April 3, 17; 9:30-11:30 a.m.
Folio Foundations: Build a Learning Module
January 9, 10:00-11:30 a.m.
January 11, 3:00-4:30 a.m.
January 24, 10:00-11:30 a.m.
Folio Foundations: Gradebook
January 11, 10:00-11:00 a.m.
January 16, 3:00-4:00 p.m.
To see more Folio workshops and to register, click here.