Chester Elementary Newsletter
Week of January 25, 2021
Love to Learn- Welcome Back Students
We are so happy to be returning to our in person schedule of AM/PM cohorts. The teachers have readied their classrooms and are excited to see the students in person. Students will stay in the same session as our first round of in person learning.
To show our CES spirit, let's wear any Chester gear or green and white on Monday, 1/25!
In returning to campus, we are following the Governor's California's Safe School Plan for All. The website can be found here- Safe Schools For All. Staff at all sites are being offered regular on site Covid Tests and vaccinations. Much research is now coming out, this one article is a quick and easy read. Here are some helpful points:
- What is the schedule? AM Session is 8:10-11:00 and PM Session is 12:10-3:00. Zoom check in on Fridays at 8:30.
- Teachers will be sending Monday folders home each week when in person rather than packets. Independent study students will still pick up work in front of school.
- Students arrive between 8:05-8:10 for the AM Session and 12:05-12:10 for the PM Session. All students enter through the front door except for Kindergarten.
- Send your student with a face covering everyday.
- Meals will be grab and go at the end of the AM session.
- Meal delivery or pick up is available for PM students allowing them to eat prior to arriving. (See schedule below)
- Water bottles are encouraged, our shared drinking fountains will not be in use.
- Be sure students are dressed appropriately for school.
- Is it all day? No, there are two sessions each day.
- Will children in the same family be on the same schedule? YES!
- Will my children have work to do at home? Yes, the model is a half day in person with asynchronous learning when they are not on campus. The combined times will equal the instructional minutes required by the state.
- Will there be transportation? Yes, there will be transportation provided for the PM session on a limited basis.
- Will my student need to wear a mask and social distance? Yes.
- Will all students be screened? Yes, students will stay in their cars and staff members will screen them prior to entering. Students that walk will be screened at the door and those on the bus will be screened prior to riding the bus.
- What happens if my child is sick? Watch the video below for explanation.
- What happens if my child's teacher is sick? The school will contact you by 6 AM that day and your child will learn remotely until the teacher returns.
- Where do my children enter and exit? Grades 1-6 enter and exit through the front door and Kindergarten enters and exits at the kindergarten playground gate.
Skate Park in the Almanor Basin!
Almanor Recreation and Park District is in the process of planning for a Skate Park on property owned by the district, adjacent to the ARPD office and the ARC center.
We need community feedback especially from our youth.
The information gathered will help us to evaluate community support for this project.
The Almanor Recreation and Park District
Free Parent Resource for Chester Families
Inviting all Chester Parents!
The Chester Schools are excited to be hosting free Parenting Support Presentations via Zoom to assist our families. The pandemic has stretched your resources as a family and parents have been asked to be superheroes during this time. To help support parents with ideas and resources, Ronni J. Okraski, PHD BCBA LBA, who is Director and Owner of Positive Behavior Changes http://www.positivebehaviorchanges.com/ will be sharing a three part learning experience. We are inviting all Chester parents to attend. These presentations will be recorded and posted if you are not able to participate in the live sessions.
All sessions are from 2:00-2:45 PM
January 22, 2021- Changing your child’s behavior- the basics.
January 29, 2021- Increasing preferred behaviors in your child
February 5, 2021- Decreasing problem behaviors in your child