Cobb Middle School Weekly News
December 14 - 18
Coming Up This Week
- 8th graders and counselors entering HS 4-year plan in HAC all week
- Science Fair boards are due
- Cobb Spelling Bee, 4:00-6:00 p.m., Cafe
- Choir Rehearsal, 4:30-6:00 p.m., Reedy HS
- DEAR BELL SCHEDULE (view all bell schedules)
- Art Club, 3:45-4:45 p.m., B120
- Choir Holiday Concert, 6:00-8:00 p.m., Reedy HS
- Student-Led Bible Study, 3:40-4:15 p.m., B123
- Staff Meeting, 3:50-4:50 p.m., Library (NO AFTERNOON TUTORIALS)
- Cross Country Meet, 4:30-5:30 p.m., Warren Sports Complex
- TWISTER BELL SCHEDULE
- NJHS Holiday Party, 3:45-4:45 p.m., C105
- 7th & 8th Grade Boys Basketball vs. Pearson, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Cobb Gyms
- 7th & 8th Grade Girls Basketball vs. Pearson, 5:30-8:30 p.m., PMS
- Orchestra Cluster Concert, 7:00-9:00 p.m., WHS
- Last Day Before Winter Break
Save the Dates
- 12/21 - Winter Break Begins
- 12/28-12/29 Open Gym for basketball players, 8:00-10:00 a.m., Both Gyms
- 1/4/16 - Back to School!
750-Minute Reading Challenge - It's almost here!!! Days of relaxation and blissful reading! Stop by the Cobb library before you leave for break to pick up a stack of books to read AND a reading log for the 750 minute Reading Challenge! Read books, listen to audio books on Overdrive, and keep track of your minutes. (Reading log is also available on the Cobb Library website along with information on using Overdrive!) Bring back your reading log after break and get invited to our cocoa party with prizes and recognition for the top readers! Happy holidays!
eSchoolPLUS Family App - Please make sure that you or your students are only using the eSchoolPLUS Family app to access the Home Access Center on mobile devices.
There are some third party apps out there that we cannot confirm or control how they use your log in or other personal information.
No Cash for School Related Purchases - A reminder that all school purchases such as field trips, yearbooks, electronic device violation fees, replacement student ID cards, etc. should be made using your student's MyPaymentsPlus account (see page 10 of the Cobb MS Student Handbook Addendum).
6th Grade Parents only – If your student has received any immunizations over this past holiday, or is planning to get some over the Winter Break, please send an updated record to the school. We will be looking into getting ready for next year during the second semester, but you can always update our records now. Thank you for helping us stay up-to-date!
From Nurse Hodgkiss - We are starting to see an increase in GI (stomach) illnesses. Our numbers are relatively low (<5% of our population), but it is a good time to remind everyone of the Guidelines for keeping students home.
- Vomiting two or more times in 24 hours, please keep your student home. A student should have one or two meals without vomiting before returning to school. Your child may be sent home from school for vomiting one time.
- Diarrhea (3 or more episodes of loose stools in 24 hours) needs to stay home. A student must be diarrhea free for 24 hours without the use of diarrhea suppressing medications.
- Temperature of 100 degrees or above needs to stay home. A child must have temperature below 100 degrees for 24 hours before returning to school without taking a fever reducing medication.
Please help us keep our community as healthy as possible. Thank you!
Student Portal: - The easiest way to access all student online resources, including the Home Access Center and the Student Learning Hub, is to go to: http://portal.friscoisd.org. Bookmark it in your favorite browser on your phone or computer today! CLICK HERE to learn more.
Volunteering and Background Checks - If you plan to volunteer in any capacity at Cobb this school year, including PTA events and field trips, you are required to submit a background check through Frisco ISD. It is quick and easy and must be completed EVERY SCHOOL YEAR. Click here to get it done right now! Please read the instructions carefully and be sure you fill out the form correctly or your approval may be delayed.
Lost and Found - The Lost and Found is located along the back wall of the cafeteria. All misplaced items of clothing, lunchboxes, pencil bags, etc. should be brought to this location if found. However, lost phones, tablets, jewelry or other valuables should be turned into Mrs. Mecom in the Assistant Principals' office. Unclaimed items in the Lost and Found will be donated at the end of each six-week marking period.