July 29, 2020
A Message from Mrs. Bailey
All the best,
MATERIALS AND SUPPLIES FOR DISTANCE LEARNING
Recommended Supply List
At the bottom of the newsletter, you will find a recommended supply list for each grade level. You can also access the information by clicking the links below. If you need assistance in securing supplies, contact Mrs. Bailey at email@example.com. Please include your child's full name and grade level.
We strongly encourage you to check out your child’s school-issued device for the upcoming year. Even if you already have access to a family device at home, the school device will come pre-loaded with school-assigned applications and remote tech support. We are not able to support access to district applications if you choose to use a personal device. We are fortunate to have a device available for every student. If you would like to arrange to pick up your child’s district issued device prior to the start of school, please complete this FORM (http://bit.ly/usd-chromebook) and you will be contacted to arrange for pickup starting Monday, August 3rd.
Workbooks and Classroom Materials
During the summer, teachers from across Union School District collaborated to determine the resources and materials to support student learning. From this list, workbooks and other supplies have been ordered. We will be organizing these items and placing them in nylon bags for distribution on Friday, August 14th. Similar to last year's pick up of student belongings, each grade level will be assigned a time to drive through and pick up these materials. You will find more information about our Back to School Pick Up Day below.
BACK TO SCHOOL PICK UP DAY - AUGUST 14, 2020
We are asking families to drive to Alta Vista during their scheduled time (listed below) to pick up the materials. Here are a few reminders to keep everyone safe:
- Please practice social distancing and wear a mask.
- We are encouraging everyone to drive to school via Westchester and enter the main parking lot. This avoids making a left turn into the parking lot.
- Place a sign with your child's name and the teacher's name on the passenger side front window of your car.
- In the main parking lot, signs will direct you to each teacher's table.
- After placing your car in park, open your trunk (or the back of your SUV) from inside your vehicle. Alternatively, unlock your trunk so that the teacher can open it. Please do not get out of your car.
- The teacher will place a bag of your child's materials in the trunk.
- Don't forget to wave and say hello to your teacher from a safe distance.
Please note that this is separate from technology pick up arrangements for families who are borrowing an iPad or Chromebook.