EAGLE MOUNTAIN NEWS & NOTES #16
December 8, 2014
IMPORTANT INFO FOR THIS WEEK!
· We have a firefighter’s assembly this morning – 8:15 – K-2 & 5 & 9:00 for 3rd & 4th in the cafeteria. I heard this did not go well & I am sorry about that!
· The PTA’s Holiday Shop will be going on all week.
· This week we will offer a Parent’s Night Out on Friday night from 5-9. Thank you to those who have volunteered to help! We'll try to get one more flyer out tomorrow.
· Our Eagle Mountain 25 Skill of the week is Rule #11 – Greet visitors & make them feel welcome. (We didn’t get to this last week as planned.)
· On Wednesday we are taking one more group to visit at Trinity Valley School in Fort Worth. We should return by 11:30. This is for the Kinder & first grade teachers who didn’t go on the first visit.
· On Tuesday I am out for a principal's meeting & then documentation training & then Thursday I am out for our last Rigor & Relevance learning walks all day at Lake Pointe.
· On Friday, Debbie Rhea from TCU will come tour our campus & will meet with our Kinder & first grade teachers.
· This is Christina’s last week with us for a while. We will miss her!
. Congratulations to Leslie on being named our new mus/art teacher! And also on the exciting news that she is expecting! We're glad you're here!
REMINDER OF TECH DO'S THIS NINE WEEKS
1st WEEK – Try ClassDojo.com
2nd WEEK – Decide what you would like to do. (twitter or blog)
3rd WEEK – Twitter or blog should be ready to go
4th WEEK - Post at least one time to twitter or blog
5th WEEK – Set up a You Tube Channel
6th WEEK – Should be posting regularly to twitter or blog
7th WEEK – Post a video to You Tube
8th WEEK – Try to Flip one lesson9th WEEK – What’s Your Plan for the Next nine weeks?
SOME TWEETS FROM SOME OF OUR TEACHERS
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE:
Monday – EME 25 Skill of the week is Rule #11– Greet visitors & make them
Tuesday – Bryan to Principal’s meeting & to Documentation Training this morning
Wednesday – Bryan & Kelli taking team to Trinity Valley for a site-visit in the morning, Team Leader dinner - 4PM - Circle S Restaurant
Thursday – I’m out today for another principal’s meeting & Learning Walks
Friday – Debbie Rhea from TCU will visit our campus, Parent’s Night Out 5-9
- I want to thank all of you who helped with Benchmark testing last week – thank you for taking it seriously.
- We want to express our appreciation to all of you who are helping with UIL. Many thanks to Cindy Griggs, Sheryl Copeland, Sophia Navarro, Madeline Tittle, LaRae Witsaman, Lisa Dunn, Mary Gaskamp, Suzanne Morgan, Regina, Drew Hohman, & Emily Bennett for coaching, judging, coordinating, & volunteering to help our UIL kiddos! Ya’ll are awesome!
- Kudos & Thanks to Shanna Harlin for hosting the Staff Christmas party!