Special Education News Update
December 1, 2014
Happy 2nd Trimester! Happy December!
- Groupwise and Google Accounts (gl.k12.mi.us) will be merging in December. They will be merged to look like the firstname.lastname@example.org account. Groupwise will no longer continue. You will not have access to your old email files. If you have email files or information that you would like to save, forward to your personal email or print the information out.
- Students with IEPs have access to participate in all school related activities/events (holiday concerts, choir or band performances) , just like any other student. If a student requires supports while at school, they are entitled to those supports any time the event is happening (during the school day or after). Please remember to plan accordingly to provide students with the supports they require.
How to Rename or Relabel an IEP/Document:
- Open the IEP/Document that you'd like to relabel
- Click the Set Document Dropdown
- Click Label/Comment
- Type the new label/comment
- Click Accept
- IEPs are not required in the Spring for students moving to another building/program, if their current IEP reflects those changes
- An informational meeting in the Spring for parents of students moving or changing programs in the Fall is a good idea, but you don't have to hold a full blown IEP
Please keep in mind....
- November Medicaid MUST be done before you leave for Christmas Break! Please plan accordingly!
- Do NOT check both ongoing or change in eligibility for the purpose for the REED. If there is any possibility that you are looking at changing eligibility, check Change of eligibility (even if you don't end up changing eligibility, check that box). If you are not questioning eligibility, check ongoing eligibility as your purpose.
- Annual Review = Case Manager listed as Eval Team Rep. Reevaluation = someone else listed as Eval Team Rep (SSW, TC, Psych)