The Library and Collaboration
How can I help you this year?
What does collaboration look like?
Collaboration can be as minimal or intense as you'd like it. At the minimal end, the Learning Commons is available as a space for staff and students to work. You can ask me to help you find resources or help students access resources. On the more intensive side, I can help you plan, deliver and evaluate units of study, either singularly or cross-curricular.
Starting off right
How to begin collaborating with your Teacher-Librarian!
Helpful hints for successful Teacher and Teacher-Librarian collaboration
- communication is key - be clear about what you want, what you want from me, your desired learning outcomes
- be organized - schedule our time together and have clear goals for what we each need/want to accomplish
- be respectful - each collaborator brings a unique set of skills and ideas that might be different from your own
- be reliable - each person will have his/her own set of responsibilities, and attending to them will foster a sense of trust between us
- flexibility is a must - we all have a lot going on and will need to work with that