Remote Learning Week 8
May 11, 2020 - May 15, 2020
Dear 1B Families,
All the teachers on planet Earth
1B Weekly Zoom Sessions
P.S. Here are some pictures from our Zoom Pajama Day Party last week! :-)
Weekly Lesson Plan
Click on the link to see what our 1B students will be learning this week!
Please note that starting this week and going forward, we will be holding optional ELA office hours from 1-2pm on Mondays to Thursdays. During this time, we will go over the lesson, review the independent work for the day, and answer any questions that students may have. Here is the anticipated schedule of what each day would look like:
- 1:00 - 1:05 - Greet kids
- 1:05 - 1:20 - Mini-lesson
- 1:20 - 1:30 - Review instructions for independent work
- 1:30 - 1:45 - Q+A
- 1:45 - 2:00 - Chit chat with teachers
*Note: The mini-lesson will begin EXACTLY at 1:05 pm. Anyone who is late, will have to wait in the waiting room and be admitted into the session AFTER the lesson in order to minimize any distractions during learning time. Students are not required to stay for the whole hour, and can enter/exit at anytime after the mini-lesson.
Please note that starting this week and going forward, we will be holding optional Math office hours from 2-3pm on Mondays and Tuesdays. During this time, we will go over the lesson, review the independent work for the day, and answer any questions that students may have. Here is the anticipated schedule of what each day would look like:
- 2:00 - 2:05 - Greet kids
- 2:05 - 2:20 - Mini-lesson
- 2:20 - 2:45 - Complete Independent Work
- 2:45 - 3:00 - Math Talk with Friends
*Note: Wednesday-Friday Math sessions will be reserved for 2:1 and 1:1 math tutoring for mathematicians who are working on proficiency of first grade standards. If you feel this applies to your mathematician and you haven't talked to Ms. Copeland, please reach out to schedule a 30 minute time slot.
BPCS K-12 Art Challenge
1. Watch this video introduction.
2. Select an artwork that you love. (Look for resources next week in Google Classroom post.)
3. Recreate the artwork using anything in your place including people you are staying with.
4. Take a picture and upload it (along with original artwork) to our Padlet (link below) using the password: BPCS2020. You will make 2 posts. Please include Title & Artist.
Questions? Contact Ms. Walsh email@example.com