Meanwhile, in P.E.....
2nd Grade Physical Education Newsletter
Rules, Warm-up Routines, Fitness Testing Oh My!
Here is what our typical weekly warm-up schedule looks like:
- Mileage Mondays: 8 minute jog, followed by hamstring stretch
- Test Prep Tuesdays: Students rotate through fitness test components for 45 seconds each: shuttle run, flexed arm hang, push-ups and curl-ups
- Cardio Choice Wednesdays: Students can choose jump ropes, dribbling a basketball, or jogging for their warm-up activity
- Test Prep Thursdays: Students rotate through fitness test components for 45 seconds each: shuttle run, flexed arm hang, push-ups and curl-ups
- Flex Fridays: Teacher's choice and game days
2nd Graders in Action!
What's in the Pipeline?
MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR THE PE OPEN HOUSE ON SEPTEMBER 25th DURING YOUR CHILD'S PE TIME (separate flyer to come soon)
Fitness Testing NEXT WEEK!
1) Curl-ups (1 minute with feet held)
2) Flexed arm hang
3) Shuttle Run
4) Hamstring Stretch
6) The Mile Run
After fitness testing students will begin 10 day units that include throwing, catching, jump roping, movement education, and striking. Stay tuned for more information from the PE department!
Follow us on Intagram @ SASPhysEd