ALL STAR LABRADORS
Father Daughter Dance
Friday, Feb. 8th, 6-7:30pm
12900 West Little York Road
Lee Elementary will host our annual Father/Daughter Dance Friday, February 8th from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. This is an opportunity for daughters ages PK-5 to be treated to a special night out with their father/father figure. Please come dressed in your fanciest attire, dine with your daughter with the dinner you provide, and enjoy a night of dancing and fun. To capture this special event, fathers/father figures will be able to take one photo with each daughter and will receive a special frame for their photo as a keepsake. The cost of this keepsake is $3.00 (cash only).
So that we can plan accordingly, please RSVP by sending the bottom portion of the letter available at
to school by February 4, 2019. If you have any questions, please contact the school at (713)849-8281.
Order forms can be downloaded here:https://lee.cfisd.net/en/news/school-flyers/
Spelling Bee Champs
The Lee Elementary Spelling Bee was held on Tuesday, January 9th. The students who qualified and participated were Karrar Alkinani, Monserrat Alonso, Bilal Arfa,Alexandra Barnes,Eva Carr, Christine Do, Averi Dussette, Alan Escalera, Adriana Gonzalez, Shiloh Joel, Saba Kakudji, Penelope Kennon, Aroob Latif, Grace Le, Sophia Nguyen, Khoi Pham, Chi Phan, Hannah Saad, Benjamin Tran, Ahmed Arfa, Isabella Casas, Shakira Jones, Ryan Kang, Lily Kirkland, Calliann Kuo, Alan Ngo, Andy Cao, Monet Estrada, Kayla Joseph, David Ogunsola, Collin Phan, Mario Prieto, Ashley Velazquez, and Caleb Alanis.
They all did a terrific job.
1st Place: Aroob Latif
2nd Place: Ahmed Arfa
3rd Place: Grace Le
The winner of the Lee Spelling Bee, Aroob Latif will represent Lee Elementary at the district Spelling Bee in February at the Berry Center.
Lee Elementary Teacher of the Year
CFISD Junior Police Academy
We are so excited to be offering this program to the students of Cypress-Fairbanks I.S.D.
These are the following locations and dates for the CFISD Junior Police Academy:
Cypress Ridge High School June 24, 2019 – June 28, 2019
7900 N. Eldridge Parkway, Houston Breakfast will begin at 7:00 a.m.
Academy Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Cypress Springs High School July 08, 2019 - July 12, 2019
7909 Fry Road, Cypress Breakfast will begin at 7:00 a.m.
Academy Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Cypress-Fairbanks I.S.D. Food Service Department will be providing both BREAKFAST & LUNCH WILL BE FREE OF CHARGE to the participants in this program!
THE DEADLINE for the PTO’s or principals to notify the police department that they would like to participate in this program and submit the fee for The Junior Police Academy is MARCH 15, 2019.
If you would like more information about this program, please contact
· Detective Shannon Hewett at 281-517-6053
· Sergeant Mike Gallaway at 281-897-1353
Labrador Winter Wear
Lee Elementary PTO is offering new Winter Wear with the design shown to the right. The garment color is navy blue.
We are accepting Pre-Orders Only!
Zip Up Hoodie - $30
Pullover Hoodie - $25
Crew Neck Sweatshirt - $22
Long Sleeve Shirt - $20
Deadline to order is Monday, January 28th.
Print out an order form and send it to school with payment.
Make checks payable to Lee Elementary PTO.
Lee Labrador Yearbook - All Star Labradors!
You may purchase your 2018-2019 Lee Labrador Yearbook for
Soft Cover $20
Hard Cover $25
Use Yearbook ID Code 12147019
You may also submit pictures for the yearbook. If you have great photos of school, such as field day, we'd like to see them. Our photographers can't be everywhere, so help us get as many photos as possible to create a terrific yearbook everyone will want to have.
To submit photos
1. Go to: https://community.lifetouch.com/
2. Enter access code: XUGKAF
3. Create an account by entering name, email address, and password.
4. After verifying your account, you may log in and upload photos.
It's that easy! Submit your photos today! Photos may be submitted through February 15, 2019. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of the school year!
**The Yearbook Staff will review all photos and determine final yearbook content. We cannot guarantee that all submissions will be used.
Superintendent Fun Run
On Saturday, March 2, Dr. Mark Henry and Cypress-Fairbanks ISD are excited to present the 6th annual Superintendent's Fun Run & Festival at Towne Lake, a Caldwell Community. The event is underwritten by Memorial Hermann-Cypress and benefits the Cy-Fair Educational Foundation. Click http://www.thecfef.org for more details on how you can make a difference in the lives of CFISD students through the CFEF!
Registration information https://www.cfisd.net/en/fun-run/
Stick around after the race and enjoy the event! From food trucks, to vendor booths, to photo ops with mascots and superheroes, this event has many fun aspects. You can also watch performances by community groups, spend time in the children’s zone with bounce houses, a rock wall, a bungee run, go karts and much more! We even have a special area to watch your sidekicks get in on the race day fun! *Sidekicks, up to 4 years old.
WatchD.O.G.S. Signup Information
If you were not able to make it to our WatchD.O.G.S. Kick Off Event and would still like to volunteer to be a WatchD.O.G.S., please fill out the Google Form
School Messenger: Email and Text Notification System
In order to have better communication with parents, information will now be sent via text and/or email through School Messenger.
What is SchoolMessenger?
SchoolMessenger allows you to personalize communications from your school or district into one centralized feed.
1. Click the LOG IN Button on the top of the page on your internet browser (https://accounts.relianceco.com/#/createuser),
or Download the SchoolMessenger App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Market.
2. Enter your email address and create a password. An email will be sent to that address with a secure token.
3. After authenticating via your email, return to SchoolMessenger and sign in using your email and password.
What's in SchoolMessenger?
Once you've created your account, we'll automatically link the records associated with your email address. You can then:
- View the records associated with your account - student, staff, parent records.
- Review the last 30 days worth of messages for all your associated records.
- View your contact information and configure how you would like to receive notifications.
Is SchoolMessenger secure?
The sign-up process creates a secure link between the user and SchoolMessenger. SchoolMessenger operates with the latest encryption technology to protect access to stored information. SchoolMessenger is also a signatory of the Student Privacy Pledge, which requires us to adhere to 12 stringent data protection standards as a further assurance of our commitment to protecting your data.
What else do I need to know?
Device (Push) Notifications will trigger a badge or alert when you receive new communications from your school or district. You can choose to receive Device Notifications in addition to, or instead of, the phone calls, emails, and text messages you normally receive.
Kroger Community Rewards Program
To enroll in the program to help support Lee Elementary:
All supporters must have a registered Kroger Plus card account online to be able to link their card to an organization.
If you do not have a Kroger Plus Card, you can obtain a digital Kroger Plus Card when creating an account online or at any Kroger store.
- Link your card at www.KrogerCommunityRewards.com.
- If you have an existing account, click on “Sign In”, otherwise click on “Create an Account”.
- If you are a new online customer:
- You will need to enter your email address, create a password, enter your zip code, click on favorite store, and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once you are done entering your information you will get a message asking you to check your e-mail inbox and click on the link within the body of the e-mail that was sent to activate your Kroger account.
Already have a Kroger.com account?
- Enter your email address and password and click on “Sign In”.
- Click on Community then on Community Rewards” then click on enroll now, complete personal information, click on save.
- Enter your organization’s number or name and then click on “Search”.
- Select your organization and click on “Save”.
- To verify that you enrolled correctly, you will see your organizations name on the right side of your account settings page.
Once you are linked, you can start earning rewards immediately toward the organization you are supporting. (Note: The message saying that you are supporting an organization through the Kroger Community Rewards program will start printing on your receipt about 10 business days after you linked your card.)
Remember, you must swipe your registered Kroger Plus Card or use your Alt ID when shopping for each eligible purchase to count.
Thank you for participating in our Kroger Community Rewards program!
Safety is the top priority within our commitment to providing safe and efficient transportation to over
75,000 students every day. A crucial part of this service is knowing when and where each child gets on and off the school bus. ZPass allows parents to receive notifications when their child enters and exits the school bus.
How ZPass Works
Students place their ZPass Multipurpose Card in front of the card reader as they enter and exit the school bus.
The card reader emits an audible beep confirming the card was read.
The time, date and location of where the student gets on and off the bus are immediately recorded to a secure database, accessible only by transportation and school officials.
Parents can sign up for instant notifications, via push or cell phone text messaging and/or email.
Parents can sign up for notifications by going to https://www.zpassplus.com/. ZPass + app is available at Google Play and the App Store.
Badge replacement fees: $3.00 for bus badge and $1.00 for lanyard.
Show your Labrador spirit every Friday by wearing a Labrador T-Shirt. New "All Star Labradors" themed shirts may be purchased for $10.
Please use School Cash to pay at https://cypress-fairbanksisd.schoolcashonline.com/Fee/Details/4050717/253853/False/False
Lee Elementary Website
Check out the Lee Campus Website for more information at http://lee.cfisd.net/en.
You can find all kinds of helpful information, including links to
- faculty email addresses
- lunch and recess schedules
- large group schedules
- school supply information
- spirit shirt order forms
- library resources
- access to student textbooks
- federal school report cards
Federal Report Cards for the state, the district, and each of the district’s campuses are now available on the district’s website at this link:
· Select a campus
· Select 2017-18 school year
· Click Filter
· Select Federal School Report Card
Information on these report cards includes:
· Part I: General Description of the Texas State Accountability System
· Part II: Student Achievement by Proficiency Level
· Part III: Academic Growth and Graduation Rate
· Part IV: English Language Proficiency
· Part V: School Quality or Student Success
· Part VI: Goal Meeting Status
· Part VII: STAAR Participation
· Part VIII: Civil Rights Data
· Part IX: Teacher Quality Data
· Part X: Per-pupil Expenditure
· Part XI: STAAR Alternate 2 Participation
· Part XII: Statewide National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)
· Part XIII: Cohort Rate of Graduates Enrolled in Postsecondary Education
If you are unable to access the information from the website, hard copies of the reports are available at the district or campus office. If you have questions about the information, please contact Lee Elementary 713.849.8281