A Cordelia Hills Staff Update, 9/28/2018
Glows and Grows
1. Tons of recent student writing up for display (95% of classes).
2. Visual evidence of writing instruction is growing (54%).
3. Also, evidence of planning was clear in over 90% of the classrooms.
Grows: As a staff:
1. Let's get objectives up. They need to HEAR and see the WHY. (Currently only 44% of classes).
2. Additionally, as we wrap up MAP testing for grades 1-5, it is time to make sure we have goals established and visible evidence that students can come back to (data wall, data journals, goal cards, etc.). Setting goals for our students is important! (44% of classes have visible evidence of goals)
Universal Design for Learning--UDL
I will announce the top class for attendance awareness month on Wednesday, when I return from my conference or maybe even this afternoon if I can get my act together...
Pep Rally: October 9th (8:35 Tk-3, 9:35 4-5, 2:00 p.m. for PM TK-K)
Coyote Fun Run: October 17th (10:00 a.m. for grades TK-k, 11:00 a.m. for grades 4/5, and 12:30 p.m. for grades 1st-3rd)
Student will run on the field during the fun on the same basic course as last time. This year will not include color but will include other fun activities. More information is forthcoming from PTA and the school!
PR/Report Card Comments
9/17-10/5: MAP Administration for Elementary Sites
9/28: Progress Reports Due to ADMIN
9/28: Increibles Movie Night in the MPR
10/1-10/2: Trotter at Conference, Sacramento (Gill is TIC)
10/4: School Site Council meeting in library at 4:30
10/5: Superintendent Visit @ 8:30
10/9: School Wide Pep Rally for Color Run (staggered assemblies)
10/17: School Wide Color Run (staggered runs)
10/26: Trunk or Treat, 6-8 pm, Blacktop
Team Drive for all Schedules and Calendars includes Bell Schedule, District Calendar, Release Schedule, Release Make-Up Schedule, and Duty Schedule. Please refer to this for all the info. If you see a mistake or need assistance, please let me know right away.