Peter the Great
The Man Who Modernized Russia
How Did He Modernize Russia?
- Peter the Great took over the throne at a very young age.
- In fact, he became king in 1682 when he was only 10 years old.
- Although he wasn't very smart or well educated when it came to ruling such a large amount of people, he was extremely curious as to what it would be like to rule, so he inherited the throne and accepted the challenge.
- In order to learn more about western ways, he settled out into many European cities in 1697 in order to discover more about the people who live there and the culture.
- He was taught anatomy and dentistry.
- He brought back with him teachers and technical experts and made it his next goal to modernize his country.
- Peter desired to strengthen the military troops.
- Peter imported many forms of westernized technology.
- When Peter unfortunately died in the year 1725, he left behind his legacy.
- No one will forget the amazing things he had done throughout his time as king. He completely changed Russia for the better, including making it the the largest country in the world of that time as it still is today.