California State University Fresno
BE BOLD, BE A BULLDOG!
Imagine a university in the heart of California that combines robust academics with cutting-edge technology, a university that believes “transformational” and “inspiring” are part of the daily experience. Fresno State is that place.
We prepare students for a multitude of careers in our region and around the world. With talented faculty guiding the way, Fresno State is committed to innovative research and high caliber projects that challenge students creativity and curiosity. What's more, the university exudes a small campus atmosphere that nurtures engagement and involvement.
Experience urban sophistication with a small town flair
- Fresno is the fifth most populated city in California
- Located in the Number One Agricultural Region in the World
- Culturally Diverse Community
- Within driving access to Sequoia, Yosemite, and Kings Canyon national parks well, as regional recreational spots like Shaver Lake and China Peak.
- Save Mart Center ranked as one of the top 100 college arenas in the world offering top entertainment.
- 3 DOCTORATES
- 50 CREDENTIALS
- OVER 40 CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
- OVER 30 NATIONALLY ACCREDITED PROGRAMS
- OVER 60 BACHELOR'S
- OVER 40 MASTER'S
MOST POPULAR MAJORS
- Related Support Services
-Health Professions and Related Programs; Liberal Arts and Sciences,
- General Studies and Humanities
-Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting and Related Protective Service
- Jordan College of Agricultural
-focuses on education, research and public service in the areas of agriculture, food, water, family, and technology.
- College of Arts and Humanities
-celebrates the human experience and intellectual creativity by combining rigorous academics with artistic performance, scholarly activities and an accomplished faculty.
- Craig School of Business
-is renowned for a sharp-edged approach to the complex and challenging world of business. The Craig School demonstrates the assurance of high quality through continuous accreditation with the prestigious AACSB International (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business)
- Kremen School of Education and Human Development
-is based in a five-story, state-of-the-art building that includes clinical areas and computer and micro teaching laboratories. The Kremen School is the region's largest producer of teachers and educators, offering the first independent doctorate program in Educational Leadership in the 23-campus California State University System.
- Lyles College of Engineering
-has more than two dozen laboratories that foster hands-on, design-based learning, and an honors program that emphasizes academic excellence, leadership, service, global perspective, entrepreneurship and innovation.
- College of Health and Human Services
-offers nationally accredited programs, premier faculty and extensive hands-on training opportunities. Students take part in internships, research, community services and other practical opportunities that provide a solid base on their future.
- College of Science and Mathematics
-top-flight faculty members are actively involved in myriad projects that provide students with research, opportunities ranging from preservation of the environment to cures for diseases.
- College of Social Sciences
-explores the depth, breadth and complexity of the human experience through cultural evolution and diversity, history, interrelationship, linking humans and the physical world, and the contemporary studies.
Craig School of Business among 5 percent worldwide to earn the prestigious AACSB International accreditation
The Lyles College of Engineering Projects Day showcases the innovation, projects and research of engineering students
Fresno State's School of Nursing is ranked among the best 25 nursing programs in the nation -- this according to Nurse Journal's 2015 Western Rankings for America's Best Nursing Schools
- Fresno State reached a new milestone in community service by students, faculty, staff and administrators during the 2014-15 academic year, volunteering a record 1,324,843 hours of service.
- Fresno State offers an array of co-curricular opportunities to complement your college experience. There are leadership experiences that integrate classroom learning with real life experiences: opportunities to plan events including concerts, trips, and service opportunities, volunteerism, and club sports where students compete with other teams and represent Fresno State.
- Clubs and Organizations are a great way to start your involvement. There are more than 270 Student Organizations and 44 Greek Letter fraternities and sororities.
- Get involved with the Associated Students, Inc. (ASI), your student body government, and participate in the government of Fresno State!
- Join the tradition! Join the fun! Vintage Days is Fresno State's largest event. The festival is a three day, student-planned campus and community celebration. The annual spring event combines social, cultural, and recreational activities into an action packed extended weekend.
- NCAA Division 1A
- Mountain West Conference
- Nationally recognized for student success
- State-of-the-earth athletic facilities and venues
- 18 NCAA Sports
- Consistently producing Academic All-Americans
- Loud and proud, Fresno State's loyal and enthusiastic "Red Wave" fan support group
How to contact us
For numbers not listed,
contact the campus operator 559.278.4240
Admissions Information 559.278.2261
Advising Services 559.278.1787
Campus Tours 559.278.8236
College Assistance Migrant Program 559.278.4768
Dog Days (New Student Orientation) 559.278. 4885
EOP Admissions 559.278.6025
Evaluations Office 559.278.4076
Financial Aid 559.278.2182
On Campus Housing 559.278.2345
Services for Students with Disabilities 559.278.2811
Testing Services 559.278.2457
Veterans Services 559.278.7030