Merryhill School News
August 31, 2018
Grandparents Day Breakfast
We are excited to welcome all of our grandparents to join us for breakfast next Friday, September 7th from 7:00-8:15 a.m. We are so appreciative of the wonderful relationship that grandparents have with their very special grandchildren, and we are thrilled to celebrate you!
Ice Cream Cards
Each Friday, our 6th Grade students sell ice cream in the afternoon, as they are raising money for their spring class trip. If you are interested in participating, you can either purchase an ice cream card for the school year for $35, or you can bring $1.00 each week. The elementary children can keep their dollar in their backpack until it is time for ice cream; preschool children can give their dollar to the classroom teacher.
Please be reminded that tuition is due by end of business Tuesday each week. There will be a $25 late fee assessed to any outstanding account beginning on Wednesday morning. Thank you!
Elementary students are expected to be in uniform Monday through Thursday; Friday is free dress day. Please be reminded that solid color bottoms are appropriate to be worn with Merryhill shirts; athletic or sweat material bottoms are not permitted.
Colors of Love - Friday, September 7th
The first Friday of each month is Colors of Love. This is a day for our students and faculty to wear a color that signifies awareness for something important to them.
Parenting Resources - Preschool Parenting Resources
When we are parenting young children, there are often new challenges and hurdles, and it is wonderful to have great resources for some of those questions.
We collect Box Tops for Education. We appreciate your support in collecting these; please turn them in to your child's teacher.
- September 3rd: Labor Day - School closed for holiday
- September 4th: 4th, 5th, 6th Grade trip commitment forms due
- September 5th: 4th, 5th, 6th Grade parent meeting 5:45 p.m.
- September 5th: Kona Ice (for classrooms 201-211)
- September 7th: Grandparent's Breakfast 7:00-8:15 a.m.
- September 7th: Colors of Love
- September 11th: Patriot Day - wear red, white, blue
- September 13th: CiCi's Night
- Septmeber 14th College Day
- September 17th-21st: Scholastic Book Fair 3:45-6:00 p.m.
- September 17th: Pine Cove payment due
- September 17th: Constitution Day
- September 20th: 4th, 5th, and 6th Grade enrichment trip to Bass Hall
- September 21st: Back to School Dance - 2nd-6th Grades - 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- September 21st: Character Pep Rally