Visible Thinking Strategies in the Digital Classroom
Module 3 of 10 in 21st Century Skills Series
2. Download any of the apps below that you need
What does "making thinking visible" mean to you?
2. Type your name and select "Join"
3. Type your response and select "Say"
4. Read your peers responses...notice any themes? What makes you say that?
*iPad Photo Courtesy of Kevin Honeycutt
REVIEW: Research Framework
Culture Of Thinking Discussion
Capturing Essence: *Adapted from the Headlines VT Routine
If you were to create a motto for what you have learned about teaching/education right now that captured the most important aspect that should be remembered (maybe something you would share with a new educator as advice), what would that headline be?
How has your motto changed based on your experience over your years teaching? How does it differ from what you would have said (2-5 or 10 years ago--pick the one that is furthest back from now if you were teaching or even thinking about teaching then).
Use a graphics tool to create your two mottos showing the change in your thinking.
- If time allows share and discuss the shift in thinking and why you think it might have occurred- What changed your mind--if it has changed? What has influenced your educational career?
Graphics Apps For Exploration
*Think, Puzzle, Explore
*See, Think, Wonder
Exploring works of art and other interesting things...
1. What do you see?
2. What do you think about that?
3. What does it make you wonder?
I Used to Think...Now I think:
*A routine for reflecting on how and why our thinking has changed
2. Double click to add your response
I used to think teaching was like ... because... but now I think teaching is like (insert your own graphic)... because......
3. Read your peers responses... notice any themes? How did their thinking change? How has your thinking changed?