Southside Elementary News
Week of 2/28/2022
From Mrs. Morrow and Mrs. Fureigh
BMI Screenings rescheduled
2021-2022 National Showcase Schools – Parent Survey
We need your help please! We are applying to become a Capturing Kids' Hearts National Showcase School! Please click the survey link below and fill it out for us! It is due Friday, March 18th. Many thanks!
Parent Survey Link: CLICK HERE
Parent Teacher Conference Information
**School will dismiss at 2:00 on both days.
**There will be NO SCHOOL on Friday, March 18th.
LUNCH MENU CHANGE - New HVAC being installed in cafeteria!
Mondays - Beef/Hamburger Pizza
Tuesdays - Nacho Kit
Wednesdays - Cheese Pizza
Thursdays - Turkey and Cheese Croissant with Chips
Fridays - Pepperoni Pizza
Sides - Carrots, Icee, assorted Fruit
Drinks - Milk or water
Please click this button to view winter items on sale from our Panther Spirit Store!
Lexia Levels by Grade Chart
SPRING PICTURE DAY
School Name: Southside Elementary School
Picture Day Date: Thursday, March 3
Picture Day ID: EVTSZXTVG
CLASS PICTURES RESCHEDULED!
Southside Winter Concert Rescheduled to Thursday, March 3!
If your child has a change in transportation at any time, please notify the office. Please do not only let your child's teacher know about this change. The office communicates and keeps track of these changes, so it is very important that they are aware. Thank you for your help with this!
Link to COVID Info - FAQs
- Cabot Public Schools has taken measures to ensure that district issued Chromebooks are safe to use.
- The Chromebooks you received from the district are controlled by the Cabot Public Schools network.
- Once a student logs into the device, the district can track how it is being used, where it is located, and control what is being downloaded.
- GoGuardian has been installed on each Chromebook. This application restricts access to things on the internet that are inappropriate. Students will only be able to install approved software on their Chromebook. However, no filter will catch everything.
- Please continue to monitor your child's use with a Chromebook.
Monthly Birthday Celebration
Our day of celebration for March birthdays will be held on:
Monday, March 11th
We will not be celebrating with treats on any other day of the month. We have very strict guidelines that allot only a certain amount of days to be able to have treats throughout the year. If you choose to send treats, please reach out to your child's teacher to discuss types of snacks to bring. Please drop treats off in the office and someone will take them down to the classroom. Parents will not be able to celebrate in the classroom. Thank you for your cooperation!
Important Upcoming Dates:
3: Spring Picture Day!
3: Southside Winter Concert - all grades - 1st Baptist Church - 6:00 pm
3: BMI Screening K, 2nd, and 4th grades ONLY
4: PAW Pride - Kindness
11: PAW Pride - Courage
11: Class birthday celebration
14: Class Picture Day!
15: Parent/Teacher Conferences 2:00 Dismissal - Conferences - 2:30-7:00
17: Parent/Teacher Conferences 2:00 Dismissal - Conferences - 2:30-7:00
18: No school!
21-25: SPRING BREAK - no school!