4th Grade Gazette
Weekly Newsletter • May 16-20, 2016
What's New This Week
One SOL Test Done... Two More To Go!
Out fourth graders took their first SOL, Reading (Parts 1 & 2), on Wednesday and Thursday this past week. That's one down, and two more to go!
Next 4th Grade SOl: Virginia Studies (Friday, May 20th)
Then, the last 4th grade SOL test is Math and is scheduled for Tuesday, May 24th (Part 1) and Wednesday, May 25th (Part 2).
Please encourage your child to review nightly either online and/or using the review materials handed out at S.T.E.A.M. Night or sent via email.
Next Week in Review
Last PTO Meeting for the Year on Monday!
Just a reminder that the last PTO meeting for the 2015-2016 school year will be on Monday, May 16th. Also, PTO Board Member elections will be held. It's a great opportunity for parents to:
- ask questions about PTO
- get involved for next year
- earn 1 volunteer hour!
PTO hopes for a nice turnout. Please come if your schedule allows.
Upcoming Important Dates & Events
- Monday, May 16th - PTO Board Meeting at 6:00 p.m.; General Meeting at 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 18th - Fosters Spirit Night
- Friday, May 20th - Virginia Studies SOL at 12:30 p.m.
- Saturday, May 21st - PTO Spring Festival 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Monday, May 23rd - Advisory Council Meeting
- Tuesday, May 24th - Math SOL (Part 1) at 9:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 25th - Math SOL (Part 2) at 9:30 a.m.
- Friday, May 7th - Interims Sent Home
- Monday, May 30th - Memorial Day (No School!)
- Tuesday, May 31st - May AR Quizzes Deadline
- Tuesday, May 31st - ALL COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS DUE
Sign-Up for SOL Donations
Still Need Donations for 4th Grade Spring Fling Baskets
It's time for Pennington's annual Spring Fling fundraiser. The theme for each 4th grade class is listed below, along with suggested items for donation.
Ms. Pierce: "Wrap It Up" - assorted wrapping paper for all occasions, tape, assorted greeting cards, pens, ribbon, bows, scissors, “forever” stamps, address pad, lap board, assorted gift bags, etc.
Dr. Idio: "Curl Up with a Good Book" - New books titles for kids and adults (NY Times Best Seller List is great for popular titles), reading lamp, bookmarks, gift cards to local book stores, puzzle books, reading glasses, journal with pen, lap desk, etc.
Mrs. Anderson: "Happy Trails To You!" - flashlight and extra batteries, trail mix, water bottle, jerky, first aid kit, compass, pedometer, bandanna, insect repellent, energy bars, sun screen, citronella candles, hiking socks, outdoor magazines, mini guides to trees and birds, transistor radio, small camping stove, garbage bags, hand sanitizer, marshmallows, graham crackers, Hershey Bars, etc.
Baskets should be turned in by Thursday, May 19th. Spring Festival to be held on Saturday, May 21, 2016