Welcome to the BHS Express
A newsletter keeping you informed about Batavia High School
January 20, 2023
Andrea Conner, BHS Principal
Hello Bulldog Families.
Today was a fun-filled day as students and staff sported their Bengals gear in support of the Bengals versus Bills game on Sunday. Even if you’re not a Bengals fan, the excitement of living near a city whose team is still in the running creates a lot of energy, and we wanted to give our students and staff an opportunity to celebrate.
As we are settling into our third quarter, it’s important to call out many of the important dates that are noted within this newsletter. February is a busy month! Please read through the required CCP meeting information, sign up for parent-teacher conferences, and join our parent scheduling meeting if you have a student in grades 8-11.
If you have a student who is in the 11th grade, please read through the information about the upcoming state-funded ACT. Also, here is a link to the ACT website for information about FREE ACT test preparation. FREE ACT Test Prep Information
We are looking forward to a busy weekend at One Bulldog Place with sports and BPA activities. BHS never rests!
Have a great weekend.
In service to our Bulldogs.
Andrea Conner, High School Principal
BHS Shows Support for the Bengals
BHS Senior Corey Adams Demonstrates His Juggling Talents
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING
If your student is interested in enrolling in a College Credit Plus (CCP) course next school year, you and your student are required to attend the CCP Informational Meeting on February 6, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. Please mark this important date on your calendar if your student plans to take any CCP courses during the 2023-2024 school year.
February 8, 2023 from 3:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. is our Parent/Teacher Conference night. Please sign up using this link: February 8 Parent/Teacher Sign Up
If you have a student who is currently in 11th grade, BHS will be administering the state-administered ACT on March 14. This testing session is free for all families. In preparation, our teachers will be working with our 11th grade students to help them get ready for this important assessment. Research shows that the more times students take the assessment, the more comfortable they become with the test and score higher. Please click on this link to review national ACT testing dates and timelines: 2022-2023 National ACT Testing Dates. If you have any questions, please reach out to your student’s counselor.
UPCOMING IMPORTANT UPDATES
January 21, 2023: BPA Regional Competition
January 25, 2023: BPA Region 13 Conference and Awards
February 6, 2023: College Credit Plus Information Night. 6:00 p.m.
February 8, 2023: Parent/Teacher Conferences 3:00-6:30
February 8, 2023: Parent Information Scheduling Night 6:00-7:00
February 20, 2023: NO SCHOOL-President's Day
March 7, 2023: Parent/Teacher Conferences 4:00-7:30
March 9, 2023: Last day of 3rd Quarter
March 10, 2023: NO SCHOOL for students. Staff PD/Work Day
March 13, 2023: First day of 4th Quarter
March 14, 2023: Juniors take state-funded ACT test
March 22, 2023: Local Scholarship Interview Day for Seniors
April 3-10, 2023: Spring Break
INFORMATION FROM THE BHS GUIDANCE DEPARTMENT
Check out the Batavia High School Guidance Counselor website.
Your Guidance Counselors are:
9th - 12th Grade Counselor A-L
(513) 732-2341 ext: 7037
(513) 732-2341 ext: 7036
- CCP Information Meeting
- College Credit Plus (CCP) is Ohio’s dual enrollment program that provides students in grades 7-12 the opportunity to earn college and high school credits at the same time by taking courses from Ohio colleges or universities. The purpose of this program is to enhance students’ career readiness and postsecondary success, while providing a wide variety of options to college-ready students, at no or limited costs to students and families. If you are interested in participating in CCP or are currently participating in CCP, you must attend our annual information session at BHS on Feb. 6th at 6:00 p.m.
- Great Oaks Career Centers
- Great Oaks specializes in career and technical education for both high school students and adults. Any student that plans to attend Live Oaks or Scarlet Oaks in the 23-24 school year needs to have the online application submitted by February 7, 2023 for priority consideration. Additional information about Great Oaks and program options can be found at this link: Great Oaks Career Centers
- A couple of upcoming information events for Great Oaks
- Parent Information Scheduling Night
- Batavia High School will be hosting a Parent Information Scheduling Night on Feb 8th from 6-7pm. We will be discussing graduation requirements, graduation planning, and scheduling for the 23-24 school year. We will have break out sessions by grade level in order to help inform you of the specific expectations and requirements for your child’s grade level.
BATAVIA HIGH SCHOOL OFFICE CONTACTS
513-732-2341, ext. 7051
Matt Buis, Assistant Principal
513-732-2341, ext. 7052
Melissa Anstaett, Administrative Assistant
513-732-2341, ext. 7055
Edie Strine, Administrative Assistant
513-732-2341, ext. 7054
If your student is absent, call
513-732-2341 and leave a message on the attendance line