Chile, South America
Country: Chile Capital City: Santiago
Geography: Chile is about 4,000 miles with an area of 302,800 square miles. The countries that border Chile are Argentina, Peru, and Bolivia. The tallest mountain in Chile is a volcano called Nevado Ojos del Salado.
Population: 17.6 million
Type of Government: Democracy (Congresso Nacional de Chile shown below)
Leader: Michelle Bachelet
Currency (Exchange Rate): 1 Chilean Peso which is equal to 0.0016 US Dollars
Cultural Activities and Entertainment: Holidays in Chile include All Saints, National Holiday, Christmas Day, New Years Day, Good Friday, and Holy Saturday. The music that is played in Chile is ancient music.
Chilean Food: Food in Chile includes pork, beefsteak, and chicken.
1. Arrollado de Chancho - rolled pork with vegetables and eggs
2. Bistec a lo pobre - steak with eggs, potatoes, and onions
3. Carbonada - vegetable beef soup with potatoes, corn, and olive oil
4. Chancho en Piedra - chilean salsa
3 Tourist Attractions
1. San Cristobal Hill: This place is famous because it was a place where people would study science.
2. La Moneda Palace: This place is famous because it is a government palace.