2020-2021 October 25, 2020
From Conroe ISD
Keeping Sick Students Home
To help our schools remain open and continue to be safe and healthy learning environments, children should not be sent to school if they have received a positive COVID-19 test result in the last 10 days or are awaiting COVID-19 test results, if you respond “yes” to the questions on the COVID-19 student screener, or if the “Return-to-School Criteria” cannot be met.
We encourage families to review the resources on the Roadmap to Reopening In-person Instruction webpage. The resources include a flow chart about what to do if your child is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or has been in close-contact at home or in the community with someone who has COVID-19.
From The Principal
- Students should come to school wearing a mask and keep at least two in a zip lock bag with their name on the bag.
- The student should wear a clean mask every day. (The video below gives lots of good reminders about masks)
- The mask should fit the child's face and should be worn properly at all times
- Have students bring a water bottle to school each day. Make sure the student's name is written on the water bottle.
- Please do not send a student to school if they are not feeling well.
- Never send a child to school if the family can not answer "No" to any questions in the COVID-19 Student Screener.
- Remember students that stay home due to any illness can engage with remote learning that very day to keep up to date on work.
The only way we keep students and staff healthy is to continue to follow all of our campus and district protocols. If we let our guard down or become lax in our practices we will see quarantines and isolations of our students and staff.
I am so thankful for your continued support and encouragement for all we are doing as partners to thrive during these challenging times.
Monday, October 26th - Friday, October 30th
- Red Ribbon Week
Wednesday, October 28th
- 9:00 - 10:00 AM Friends of Collins Level 2&3 Yard Sign Pick Up - Front of School
Sunday, November 1st
- Last day of the the PTO Friends of Collins Fundraiser
Tuesday, November 3rd
- Teacher Staff Development Day - Student Holiday
- Spirit Night - Raising Canes
Monday, November 9th
- PTO Meeting 1:15 PM via Zoom
National Dyslexia Awareness Month
On the flyer, please click the book images and resources to access the links. Also, you can download the flyer and its links to view at a time that is more convenient for you. We take this opportunity to honor those with dyslexia and related learning differences.
** Please open the PDF document to access the live links.
Happy Dyslexia Awareness Month!
Digital Citizenship Week
We continue to celebrate Digital Citizenship week through Thursday! Click through these resources to have discussions with your student- there are videos and info on every aspect of your family’s online life at https://www.commonsense.org/education
News and Media Literacy:
Privacy and Security:
Red Ribbon Week is next week! Please don’t forget to have your student help us celebrate by dressing up on our theme days!
Coats for Kids Drive - Donation Deadline Extended
Coats for Kids Drive - Donation Deadline Extended
The Conroe ISD Police Department is pleased to present the 18th Annual Coats for Kids Drive for the children of Conroe ISD. Coats are being collected now through Friday, October 30. A bin is located at the front of the school for your donations. We are collecting coats, hoodies, jackets, or sweaters. So, clean out those closets and bring any items that you or your children can no longer wear (only new or gently worn, please). Last year, CISD distributed over 1,800 coats for needy families throughout the district! Let’s continue to make a difference in CISD. Thanks in advance for your donations!!
Note: The CISD police will pick up the coats by utilizing bags, gloves, and a mask. The coats will be disinfected and washed at the police department. They will then be ready to be distributed. The Conroe ISD Health Department was consulted and approved of the coat drive and procedures.
~Call for Red Ribbon Week Photos~
Whether in person or at home, be sure to snap a pic of your kiddo in their fun and festive spirit wear for Red Ribbon Week!!
We know you’re capturing the memories, but help us get them included in the yearbook too, by sending to email@example.com!!
5 fun days of possibilities…help us make this a yearbook to remember!!
Thank you, Collins Yearbook Committee
You’re invited to shop our Scholastic Book Fair online from Oct 26-Nov 8! All purchases benefit our school and connect kids with new books, favorite characters, complete series, and more.
You’ll love the NEW option to shop for Book Fair exclusives directly from the interactive booklist and enjoy these special online shopping features:
Over 6,000 items, including new releases, best sellers, and value packs
All orders ship direct to home
FREE shipping on book-only orders over $25*
All purchases support our school and earn 25% in rewards
Visit our Book Fair Homepage and click “Shop Now” to get started:
*Free standard shipping is available on book-only orders of $25 or more, after all discounts are applied. Free standard shipping (books) must be selected during checkout. Orders containing products other than books are not eligible for this shipping promotion.
Nurse Kendall Update
Please remember to contact the school if you keep your child home for a fever, cough, or other signs of Covid or the flu. Health Services keeps track of those numbers. We want to know if students have the flu, Covid or strep throat. Thank you for helping us keep everyone safe and healthy!!!
Please make sure that your child’s mask fits properly and is not too loose. A loose mask will slide down the face and expose the nose, which needs to be covered. The following is a video from the National Association of School Nurses about proper mask wear:
At Home Learning Calendar
Times To Remember...
- 8:50 AM—4:00 PM
- Students may enter the building by 7:35 AM (Please enter 5th grade side door)
- 5th Lunch A: 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM
- 5th Lunch B: 11:45 AM- 12:15 PM
- 6th Lunch C: 12:25 PM. - 12:55 PM
- 6th Lunch D: 12:55 PM - 1:25 PM
- 8:00 AM—4:30 PM
- 3:15 PM Calls to change transportation will end
- 3:20 PM Early check out of students will end
- 3:20 PM Cones for car rider dismissal will be set - cars for early pick up will not fit in front parking area
- 3:30 PM First Flight (10 cars) will move forward to cones
- 4:00 PM Flights 1 - 4 will be dismissed to wait at Car Cones
- Dismissed after car dismissal begins; 1. Bikers 2. More Car Flights 3. Neighborhood walkers (parents should not be parked in neighborhoods to pick up children - please use YMCA parking lot) 4. YMCA walkers (crossing guard provided for students)
Are You Following Us?
Collins Twitter Account
Collins Facebook Account
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner. For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.