Updates from around Monomoy Regional School District
CES Talent Show delights
HES celebrates community and diversity with Only One You rock garden
An interdisciplinary project to encourage Harwich Elementary School students to appreciate community, diversity, and kindness has resulted in a painted rock installation in the school’s courtyard garden. Read more about the project here.
Shark Day at MRMS ends the school year with lots of fun
Monomoy Middle School students and staff celebrated the last full day of school with Shark Day! Activities included outdoor games like soccer, flag football, and basketball, indoor activities like building hot wheels tracks and paper rockets, inline skating, and board games, team-building activities, and a rock climbing wall!
MRHS starts new tradition with Fin Fest
On the last Friday before final exams, MRHS students and staff enjoyed fun and friendship at Fin Fest, a new tradition for the school. This carnival allowed students and teachers to create events and activities together, and encouraged the entire school community to relax before buckling down for finals!
Civics students from MRHS sweep Project Citizen awards
Monomoy Regional High School sent four teams of 8th-grade students to compete at the Project Citizen state showcase, and all four teams won awards! To read more about their projects, click here.
MRSD honors volunteers and supporters
Parents and caregivers invited to community forum on childcare partnerships
In response to a recent survey indicating tremendous need for local childcare offerings, and in an effort to better support families in the district, Monomoy Regional School District is working to create opportunities to fill the need for childcare. The school district is exploring partnerships with local organizations to offer childcare within MRSD facilities. Parents and caregivers are invited to a community forum on Tuesday, July 9, 2019, at 6 p.m. in the Harwich Elementary School Activity Room. The forum will offer an opportunity to learn more about the potential partnerships, and hear directly from any organizations interested in collaborating on childcare services. Please email Joy Jordan, MRSD Community Engagement Coordinator, at email@example.com with any questions.
More Important MRSD News and Updates
- For full coverage of MRHS 2019 Graduation, click here. Congratulations to all!
- Find details on Summer Reading for all grades here!
- The Monomoy Lighthouse Leader Mentoring Program just wrapped up a successful pilot year! If you are interested in learning how you can support our youth by becoming a mentor, click here.
- In order to create more robust Parent University programming, MRSD is surveying families about the areas they are interested in learning more about. Please click here to complete the survey, if you haven't already.
- MRMS inducted new members into the National Junior Honor Society, and MRHS inducted new members into the National Honor Society - congrats to these students for their hard work and commitment!
- Monomoy Middle School science teacher Nancy Gifford was named a 2019 WGBH Ambassador
- Sharks Softball had an impressive post-season run!
- MRHS 8th-grader Jennie Grogan placed 2nd at the New England Girls Interscholastic Golf Championship!
- The 2019-2020 school year calendar has been released - plan your vacations now!