Mrs. Landry's Little Leaders
Learning & Growing Together in PK4
Last week we focused on learning the school and class expectations and routines. We focused on The word Leader and Habit #1.
The Leader In Me
"As you teach these principles to young students, you will be creating a generation of leaders, one child at a time." Stephen R. Covey
Words We Are Introducing
- self respect
September 5th - Popsicle on the playground
September 7th -Breakfast with Grandparents
September 11th PTA general meeting noon
September 12th - Clear Lake High school Homecoming parade
September 13th - Book Orders Due
September 14th - Voyagers Night - CLHS Homecoming Game
September 26th - Picture Day
September 28th - Spirit Day
Books We Are Reading
- Listening Skills- We are working on being respectful listeners. Showing understanding of new language being spoken.
- Communication skills - Child initiates problem-solving strategies and seeks adult help when necessary.
- We are learning that words have meaning. We are using labels to show how words and objects relate.
- Academic Vocabulary - listen, ask, answer, story, understand, point, picture, book, turn, partner, fast, slow, game, song, finger-play, remember, favorite, same, different, talk, choose, list, sign, purpose, happen, before, after, puppet
- Letter Knowledge - Ll, Oo, Bb, Mm,
- Phonological Awareness - Syllables, alliteration and Rhyming
- Shared and independent reading
- Print Concepts - Hold book right side up , turning pages correctly / tracking print - where to start, top to bottom, left to right with return sweep.
- For Songs visit https://clearcreek.itslearning.com/lprice/songs/
Practice naming letters at home using the link below.
- Matt Man - Helps us draw a person with several parts
- Our names with only the first letter capitalized
- Independent writing / drawing to communicate
* our homes and family
- Handwriting - magic c turns into o, always start letters at the top
If you have an iPad you can practice at home - ABC Buddy (iPad APP)
- Understanding that others have different perspectives & feelings from our own.
- Acclimating to the school environment , learning rules and routines so our class can flow smoothly.
- How to be a compassionate & respectful friend
"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose."
"Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!"