By: Abby Michelle Timm-Haworth
Developmental Area: Social
Country: Mundare, Canada
- Attention- In order for an individual to learn anything, he or she must pay attention to the features of the modeled behavior.
- Retention- If an individual is to be influenced by observing behaviors he or she needs to remember the activities that were modeled at one time or another.
- Reproduction- Reproduction involves converting symbolic representations into appropriate actions.
- Motivation- To imitate a behavior, the person must have some motivating factor behind it, such as incentives that a person envisions.
Where his work was completed:
- Albert Bandura was born December 4, 1925.
- 1949 – Graduated from the University of British Columbia with a degree in Psychology.
- 1952 – Received his Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the University of Iowa.
- 1953 – Began teaching at Stanford University.
- 1974 – Served as President of the APA.
- 1980 – Received the APA’s Award for Distinguished Scientific Contributions.
- 2004 - Outstanding Lifetime Contribution to Psychology, American Psychological Association