MSE Mendenhall Updates
13 August 2021
It is understandable that some parents and students may feel apprehensive about returning to in-person instruction, but we are here to assure you that every precaution is being taken to ensure that MSE continues to be a safe, positive, and academically enriching environment. While we have not returned to school as “normal,” we are grateful for the opportunity to instruct students face-to-face and thank you for allowing us the privilege of serving your family.
Please take a moment to carefully read our updated COVID guidelines:
Meet Your MSE Administrative Team:
2021-2022 Academic Calendar:
Student Dress Code Reminders:
- Students must wear closed shoes at all times, no “mules,” slippers or “slides.”
- Tennis shoes are preferred.
- Students may only wear school-purchased shirts or a red polo.
- All uniform attire requiring a belt must be worn with a belt (no designs or studs) through the belt loops (if applicable), worn at the natural waist, be in good repair and be of appropriate size.
- Shorts and other knee-baring attire must be no more than three inches above the knee.
- Leggings are not permissible.
Arrival and Dismissal at MSEM:
The enrollment at MSE Mendenhall has grown significantly since we last had all of our students in the building during the 2019-20 school year; as a result, the carline is longer. New students are still arriving each day, so we ask your patience as new families adjust to the arrival and dismissal process. We need our parents to work with us by following our Car Line Guidelines:
- Have your Car Number tag visible the entire time you are waiting in line.
- Instruct your student to be prepared to exit the car before you enter the carline.
- Allow your student to enter and exit the car on the driver’s side.
- Do not stop the car in the middle of the carline when traffic is moving forward. This causes traffic to back up in the street.
- Stay in your car at all times.
- Refrain from being on the cell phone while in the car line.
- PLEASE…follow the directions of the teachers who are guiding the car line, and ask your students to do the same.
Our staff is working diligently in the midst of an epidemic and unbearable heat. Cooperation from our families is essential in order to move the line quickly and keep all of our students and teachers safe. Thank you for your help.
MSE: The Place to Be
Ready 4K: Facts at Your Fingertips
Remind101: A Way to Stay in Touch
Memphis School of Excellence Mendenhall
The mission of MSE is to provide a safe and collaborative environment which will cultivate the academic and social development of its students by emphasizing math, science, and technology for the purpose of students setting and meeting
higher education goals.