Pickerington Tiger Sharks
Week 7: Away Meet at Pataskala, Champs and Banquet Info
Hi Tiger Shark Fam!
We all had so much fun at the Fourth of July parade this week. I was told by several people that we had one of the best "floats" at the parade. Thanks to all the parents that helped wrangle the kids. Last regular season meet this week!!! Hard to believe we only have two weeks left.
Highlights for this week: Lots of RSVP's on the website!!!
- Details for the Pataskala meet. Declare your swimmer by MONDAY JULY 11th at 5pm There are many of you who have qualified for Champs at the end of the season. Remember you need 3 regular season meets to participate in our end of the season Champs meet (including Bexley). Reminder if you haven't fulfilled your 3 volunteer credit hours for the season, now is the time to sign up.
- Champs Info below! Declare swimmers by July 17th at 3pm.
- RSVP for the Banquet by July 17th at 3pm
- We are looking for someone to take over Concessions next season. If you are interested, Email email@example.com for more info.
- Practices will NOT be canceled due to rain, please join our group on Remind for cancellations: https://www.remind.com/join/ptigersh
- Please do not drop off your swimmer before 7am on practice days, as a safety protocol from the city there will not be a supervised adult to be with your child.
- CHECK YOUR SWIMMER FOLDERS DAILY!!!!!
- If you have questions regarding swim team, please address board members or coaches (after practice). The pool staff is separate from the team and is unable to answer your questions.
- Parents and younger siblings, keep clear of the swimming deck during practice times. It is unsafe to try to hold a conversation with a coach while we have swimmers in the water. The same goes for trying to talk to your swimmer during practice. Family members are to remain in the grassy areas or under the awnings.
Away Meet against Pataskala
Wednesday July 13th at the Pataskala Pool: 500 S. Twp Road Pataskala, Ohio
Declare your swimmers by 5pm on MONDAY EVENING when the entries will be locked and loaded!
Arrival: 4:45 pm
Warm Ups: 5:00pm
Meet start time: 5:30 pm
End time: approximately 9:30pm (Since we don't have practice the next morning, please stay for relays!)
- 2 (second half timers)
Parking: When the main parking lot is full, there is some parking in the grass along a drive to the north of the pool. After that, visitors will have to park on the street in the neighborhood to the north (1 block). Please tell your team to NOT park at the business to the west of the pool. The owner at one of the businesses will tow your car!!!!
Concessions: We do have a concession stand that you are encouraged to support. Staffing issues have made that inconsistent. You are also welcome to bring in any food/beverages.
Camp: There is limited room inside the pool fence and plenty of room outside the fence. Please do not crowd the bullpen area. There is no camping along the fence on the north side of the pool (too close to pool deck). Spectators are welcome on the pool deck to observe a race, then move out for the next group of spectators.
What to Bring:
- Purple competition suit, Tiger Sharks Swim Cap (will have some for sale), goggles, towels, sharpie (to write events on swimmer's arm and name and PTS on swimmer's back)
- Chairs, extra towels, snacks (concessions available), blankets
Before the Meet: How to do the following is in the slideshow presentation - https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Af19iTmChFWvMSIYBXJwq6nE_nQQYujDHgCB6bhw7gw/edit?usp=sharing
- Declare your swimmer by 5pm on Monday (check out the slide show for instructions)
- Sign up to volunteer (check out the slide show for instructions:)
- Check your email for your swimmer's entries (check out the slide show for instructions)
- Check in your swimmer with our Junior Coaches when you arrive. Look for them near the Tiger Sharks banner when you enter.
During the Meet:
- Locate Bullpen numbers near the pool deck, these will tell you what events they are setting up in the bullpen. Bullpen workers will be calling out kids' names but be aware of when they are swimming, so they don't miss it. They will get your children to where they need to be. The bullpen is an area where they will be setting up the swimmers in their lanes several heats prior to their event.
- After your child swims their events, have them talk to Coach Alex so he can give them pointers on what to work on. BONUS: He will most likely have fun treats to hand out!
- Please keep your children out of the diving well and other pool areas. The only people who should be in the water are the swimmers in current events.
- Please do not crowd the timers while you are watching your child swim. They are there to do a job.
- Take lots of pictures and send them to TigerSharks.firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can post them.
- ENJOY AND HAVE FUN! We are here for the kids!
You are representing our team, please behave appropriately and be respectful to the facility and the staff.
The Dresden Swim Center 1330 Main St. Dresden, Ohio 43821
To qualify to swim at Champs, your swimmer must have swam at 3 regular meets this season (including Bexley). Please declare your swimmer by July 17th at 3pm!
The team at Dresden has included several PDFs of local hotels if you choose to stay closer the night before and a list of restaurants especially if you have swimmers in both age groups. There is a restaurant on site as well! See those pdfs listed below.
7-20- Ages 11 and up: first warm-ups to begin at 6:30- warm-ups staggered
Meet begins at 7:45.
7-20- Ages 10 and under, warm-ups to begin at 2:00 or as soon as the first session is over. Meet begins at 3:00 or as soon as possible.
TCAL Championship t-shirts
Orders for Champs t-shirts will be different this year due to not having a presale.
*Sale will begin during the first session (there is a morning and an afternoon session)
*Limited sizes available in Youth Medium, Youth Large, Small, Medium, Large, XL, 2XL, 3XL
*All sizes $18.00 each
End of the Season Banquet (July 22 from 8-10pm)
Join the Tiger Sharks for our end of the season Banquet and Pool Party. We will have a short awards ceremony followed by Pizza, drinks and desserts at the pool. We do have capacity limits at the pool. Pictures and past ribbons will be available as well!
Please remember this event is only for swimmers and their immediate family members.
Please RSVP for the party on the website by July 17th at 9pm:
How many from your family will be attending our Banquet and Pool Party?
Please sign up any attending sibling guest over 10 years old as adult guests. This will allow us to get a more accurate head count for pizza. Please indicate whether you or a family member has an dietary restrictions.
We also need everyone to contribute for the party as well by supplying the following:
- Last Names: A-L Please bring drinks (water bottles and cans only, no 2 liters)
- Last Names: M-Z Please bring desserts (cupcakes, brownies, cookies, no nuts and nothing that needs to be cut, please indicate whether they are truly gluten free)
Senior Spotlight - Jared Everhart
Jared has swam with the Pickerington Tiger Sharks since 2017 and is a graduate of Pickerington Central. He was a 4 year Varsity Swimmer and 2 year Captain for the high school team. Jared's favorite stroke is Butterfly.
His future plans include attending The Ohio State University to study Mechanical Engineering. Jared also earned the rank of Eagle Scout in 2021 and was a 4 year Marching Tiger.
Jared shares these words of wisdom with the younger kids:
"Take time to enjoy these moments with your teammates who have become your friends."
Executive Board - Looking for New Faces
We are looking for a new concessions person, please let us know if you are interested.
Official board elections will be in October, so stay tuned!
Practice Schedule and Events: July 11th-15th
Monday- Friday (July 11th-15th)
- 11 and up: 7:00am -8:00am
- 10 and under: 7:50am - 8:50am
No Practice on Thursday July 14th
Important Upcoming Dates
- July 13th - Away at Pataskala
- July 14th - NO PRACTICE DAY AFTER MEET
- July 18th - Funday Practice and Donuts for Breakfast
- July 19th - Last Day of Practice
- July 20th - Champs (July 21st Rain Date)
- July 22nd - End of Season Banquet
- August 7th - Executive Board Meeting (3pm at Combustion)
- August 9th - Fundraiser at Chipotle
Easy way to Donate
Pickerington Tiger Sharks
President: Abbey Fatica
Past President: Sheri McClurg
Vice President: Amanda Orr
Secretary: Sheri McClurg
Treasurer: Amy Schiebel
League Representative: Dione Windle
Meet Director: Sherman Sutherland
Technology Officer: Wes Jones
Fundraising Chair: Lisa Winters
Communications Chair: Mindy Thomas
Banquet Chair: Kim Cappadonia
Fourth of July Chair: