Lincoln Log (Virtual Learner)
February 12, 2021
Dear Lincoln families:
The pupil service members at Lincoln are available to offer further assistance and services to your student. Our school counselor (Ms. Poncek), school social worker (Mrs. Karpinsky), and school psychologist (Mrs. Reimann) can assist students who may need additional academic, emotional, social, behavioral, and/or attendance support. If you would like to speak with someone able to help, please contact one of the following pupil service professionals:
Pupil Services staff email or call at 715-261-0965
Ms. Poncek - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Karpinsky - email@example.com
Mrs. Reimann - firstname.lastname@example.org
Lincoln Elementary also utilizes two school based counseling agencies at our building. This means that the providers come into Lincoln and work with a student during the school day which takes the transportation need for services off the parent. If you feel your child needs help from our outside agency WSD School Based Counseling Referral form found at the following link: link The form is a quick 4 question survey.
School-Based Mental Health Counseling Services:
The Centre of Wellbeing, Inc.
Alicia Resch, MSW APSW
Children’s of Wisconsin
Wishing you all a healthy and happy February!
Mrs. Whooley Jepson (Principal)
Don't forget to sign up for parent teacher conferences and indicate if you want virtual or in-person. www.ptcfast.com/reg1
for Lincoln Elementary Teachers
Art with Ms. Lindberg G8M1359602
Guidance with Ms. Poncek L3W1359606
Library with Mrs. Gilbertson UH91359605
Music with Ms. Cumberland TY1359607
Phy Ed with Mrs. Mick Beversdorf F1W1359608
Science with Mrs. Duesselmann XJT1359604
Kindergarten with Mrs. Giese 2B81314978
Kindergarten with Mrs. Peterson 8V11314980
Grade 1 with Mrs. C 8SQ1314982
Grade 1 with Mrs. Giebel A4N1314987
Grade 2 with Mrs. Thao WSX1314991
Grade 2 with Mrs. Hessil SKG1314989
Grade 3 with Mrs Gast C4U1314992
Grade 3 with Miss McKellips 9WN1314994
Grade 4 with Mr. Hagedorn MWJ1314996
Grade 4 with Mrs. Zoch 5AJ1315006
Grade 5 with Mrs. Kramar 9XW1206069
Grade 5 with Mr. Niemeyer WL81315008
Mark Your Calendars
Reminder that Monday is a Day 5 Rotation 1
February 18 - Family Fun Night (registration required)
February 25 - Parent Teacher Conferences (for Lincoln teachers...if you have a virtual teacher NOT from Lincoln, they will notify you of their conference times)
March 1 - Picture Day
March 4 - Parent Teacher Conferences ( (for Lincoln teachers...if you have a virtual teacher NOT from Lincoln, they will notify you of their conference times)
I-Ready Competitions Winners!
Mindful Minute with Ms. Nicole
WAUSAU REFERENDUM-WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?
There is a new referendum that is being voted on April 6th.
The first link below will JUST take you to what is being proposed for Lincoln Elementary School.
The second link below will take you to the overall Wausau Referendum Site that includes all the information for purposed changes for the Wausau School District.
PICTURE DAY WILL BE MONDAY, MARCH 1ST
Picture day for Lincoln Elementary will be on Monday, March 1st.
More information will be provided in the coming weeks.
The above link will be open on February 1st to enroll your kindergarten aged children in school at Lincoln Elementary as well as to enroll any 4K students at area schools.
Virtual Student Reminders
- Please remember to turn your cameras on and face the camera towards you when you are able. (Imagine being a teacher that is teaching to everyone's ceiling? or worse yet, to an all blank screen with no videos? Teachers need to see faces to know if students are comprehending what is being taught.)
- Mute your microphone unless you are speaking
- If more than one student in your household is doing on-line learning, please use headphones or ear buds so as not to distract your siblings. (We can provide earbuds in the office.)
- Remember to charge your ipad each evening.
- Remember to have all your school materials near you for easy use. (notebooks, pencils, workbooks, ipad charger)
- Find a quiet space in your house to work - preferably not a bed.
- Students, please be on time and listen to your teachers the first time. This shows that you value the time of the teacher and of your classmates who are learning.
- Students - remember that you are the ones learning. Parents, it's ok to let your child struggle a bit. A teacher will let you know if they need your intervention. If students knew everything or HOW to learn everything, then we would be without a job. Parents - go about your day as if your child is in school...no need to constantly be at your child's side.
- Give one another grace. Both teaching and learning in a virtual world can be difficult. We need to be patient with one another.
- Demonstrate great behavior to your peers while on-line.
Attendance - Who Do I Call?
Remember that our virtual day runs from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm Monday thru Thursday only!
No School on Fridays
Health Services Team
Ms. Alexandra Hein - Nurse serving multiple schools
Ms. Sacia Taylor - Health Aide for Lincoln Elementary
Pupil Services Team
Mrs. Karpinsky - Social Worker
Ms. Poncek - School Counselor
Mrs. Reimann - School Psychologist
Encore Teachers - will continue to work with a majority of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th grade virtual students
Ms. Cumberland - Music
Mrs. Duesselmann - Science
Mrs. Gilbertson -- Library
Mrs. Jaglinski - Gifted/Talented
Ms. Lindberg - Art
Mrs. MickBeversdorf (aka Mrs. B) - Phy Ed
Ms. Poncek - Guidance
Regular Education Virtual Teachers
Ms. Tera Mattke - Kindergarten teacher from South Mountain
Ms. Jennifer Ekiss - Kindergarten teacher from Marshall
Mrs. Chris Giebel - 1st grade teacher from Lincoln
Mrs. Yer Thao - 2nd grade teacher from Lincoln
Mrs. Megan Gast - 3rd grade teacher from Lincoln
Ms. Katelynn Neidner - 3rd grade teacher from GD Jones
Mrs. Ashley Zoch - 4th grade teacher from Lincoln
Mrs. Tanya Kramar (with Long Term Sub Mr. Bruce Trueblood) - 5th grade teacher from Lincoln
Special Education Teachers
Mrs. Dahnke - Occupational Therapist
Mrs. Reiche - Speech/Language
Ms. Lehman - multicategorical (works mainly with medically fragile students)
Mr. Nygaard - multicategorical (works mainly with grades 4-5)
Miss Vils - multicategorical (works mainly with grades K-3)
Ms. Xiong - adaptive physical education
Miss Yunk (aka Miss Nicole) - multicategorical (works mainly with students with emotional/behavioral disabilities)
English Learner/Bilingual Teachers
Mrs. DeValk - lead cafeteria
Mrs. Dreikosen - G2M coordinator (all classes are remaining virtual this year)
Mrs. Fortenberry - Special Education
Mrs. Lenz - Title
Ms. Mletzko. (aka Ms. Roxann)- Bilingual
Ms. Taylor - Health room
Mrs. Wirt - Special Education
Ms. Wollenzein (aka Ms. Brea) - Special Education
Mrs. Yang - English Learners
Mr. Xiong - English Learners
Miss Vang (aka Miss Aimee) - EL Para
Mrs. Krantz - building para
Mr. John - night custodian
Ms. Cindy - night custodian
Mr. Jeff- lead custodian
Miss Rebecca Gartmann (aka Miss Becky)
Mrs. Whooley Jepson (aka Mrs. Jepson)