September 14, 2015
School is Cool!
Student Planners Have Arrived!
Schoology Parent Access Update
As you are aware, the middle school uses a Learning Management System (LMS) to facilitate learning and student access to content, assignments, and the like. Each year we continue to tweak how the teachers interact with it to streamline and improve the student experience with the product. That said, we have some changes we wish to highlight in regard to our expectations for Parent Access to Schoology.
Schoology Expectations 2015-2016
· Parent Access provides a snapshot of assignments due, upcoming assessments, and teacher updates.
· Grade information viewed online is NOT LIVE. We update data every other week. Review data without expectation that the information is final (it is a marathon, not a sprint).
· Homework continues to be posted daily online, but is a BACKUP to the planner we expect middle school students to use. Students are expected to write their homework down before checking Schoology at night.
If you are a new user, need a code for your second child, and/or need settings to be checked, please connect with Adrienne Bononi our Ed Tech Director. She can be reached via email email@example.com or her extension 2228. You may also look on the MJS Resources page behind the Login for the Tech Talks page which will take you to instructions on how to login.
Schoology Access Instructions for Parents
Parents can sign up for Schoology by doing the following:
1. Log onto the Mayfield website and navigate to child's contact card (see image)
2. Grab the access code (this code will be used to sign up for schoology)
3. Go to schoology.com and select sign up
4. Choose parent and enter the access code
5. Create your own account with unique login info (username and pw)
6. From there on, the next time you go to schoology, you'll select login
For additional support, click on Tech Talks on the MJS Resources page, then click on the Schoology Parent Guide Video tutorial. For further support or questions on Schoology, please contact Adrienne Bononi via email firstname.lastname@example.org or her extension 2228.
Opening Mass: All Are Welcome!
Dates to Remember
- Middle School Back-to-School Night will be September 22 at 6:30 pm
- MJS Blood Drive on September 24
- Parents are welcome to attend the Mass of the Holy Spirit, September 25; attire for students will be Concert Dress
- Opening Mass is September 27 (read details above)
- Picture Day will be September 30
Whip & Nae Nae! 5th Grade P.E. (Coach White Video)
5th graders begin a lesson on mindfulness
5th graders try to stump their advisor with their artifact bag, filled with items that represents who they are
5th graders learn how to "listen" to their food
5th graders are happy to get their planners
Artists in Action
5th graders make artistic observations of objects
Town Hall Meeting
5th graders engage in their first town hall meeting