Short Writing Assignment Four
Time to take a breath, maybe relax a little, and reflect on the class so far. Part of moving from a Fixed Mindset to a Growth Mindset means looking at ourselves in an honest way. When you look at the infographic below, you can see that a Growth Mindset confronts uncertainties like learning how to do something I have not done before; accepts failure as part (not the end) of the learning process; and puts effort into learning (not making a particular grade- that happens with the learning). We are over halfway through the semester and that seems like an appropriate time to reflect on your progress so far.
Now is a good time to write from a Growth Mindset, so please write at least 1.5-2 pages of reflection on your academic mindset so far.
Questions to consider:
- What is my grade in this class at this time and why do I have this grade?
- What have I been doing to reach this point?
- How could I do more to improve my situation?
- If you were me, how would you describe your performance?
- If you were me, what advice would you give yourself about the second half of the semester?
- What has been your greatest achievement so far?
On a scale of 1-10, how would you evaluate your
- Contributions to class discussions/forums
- Work effort in between deadlines
- Overall performance