FAC Weekly Update
September 18, 2020
Good morning, Fine Arts Center Family!
I hope you had a wonderful week. Our students and faculty did a fabulous job adjusting to the first full week of Attendance Plan 2. You can feel things starting to progress towards normalcy, and it is a pleasure to have our students back in the building on a more regular basis!
Here is the latest from the halls of the Fine Arts Center...
This Week's Student Leadership Lesson
Don't Take Anything Personally
Whatever happens around you, don’t take it personally…Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. All people live in their own dream, in their own mind; they are in a completely different world from the one we live in. When we take something personally, we make the assumption that they know what is in our world, and we try to impose our world on their world.
Even when a situation seems so personal, even if others insult you directly, it has nothing to do with you. What they say, what they do, and the opinions they give are according to the agreements they have in their own minds…
-Don Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements
Schedule for Week Five
Week of September 21, 2020
- Monday, September 21 - Blue and Green Groups (Monday/Wednesday, A-D and L-Q)
- Tuesday, September 22 - Red and Purple Groups (Tuesday/Thursday, E-K and R-Z)
- Wednesday, September 23 - Blue and Green Groups (Monday/Wednesday, A-D and L-Q)
- Thursday, September 24 - Red and Purple Groups (Tuesday/Thursday, E-K and R-Z)
- Friday, September 25 - All Students eLearning
Alumni News - Click Below!
Support the FAC - Amazon Smile, Publix, Harris Teeter
Arts High Schools provide “above and beyond” experiences for our students that often fall outside of the normal school budget. Here are some easy ways to help us on a regular basis. Funds go to Guest Artist experiences, Masterclasses, and much more!
Go to www.smile.amazon.com
Select Fine Arts Center Partners as your preferred charitable organization
Harris Teeter and Publix
Go to https://fac.greenvilleschools.us/donate for information on how to help the FAC while shopping for groceries
College Exploration Program
College Financial Aid Workshops
Are You a Follower?
Many of our teaching studios have their own Instagram account as well, so follow us and you can easily find those pages through our account.
Building Hours - Attendance Plans 1 and 2
8:00 a.m. Classes
Building access at 7:45 a.m.
9:15 a.m. Classes
Building access at 8:30 a.m.
1:30 p.m. Classes
Building access at 1:15 p.m.
- Should these restrictions result in a hardship to your family relative to the parent’s ability to get to work on time, please call our Main Office. Before doing so, we respectfully request that you attempt to work out a resolution with your workplace. If no compromise can be found, we can accept a very limited number of students before the above building access times.
- If you have not done so, please read the emails and letters that I sent home. Many students who arrived at the wrong time, either in the morning or afternoon, had received my emails but had not read them. Students are sent the emails and therefore should get in the habit of staying informed.
- Students who attend the FAC in the afternoon and go to Wade Hampton in the morning need to stay at Wade Hampton until 1:15 p.m. Dr. Grant has space for these students to sit, socially distanced, and work on homework. We do not have such a space at the FAC.
- Studio Time is not available to students while we are under social distancing restrictions.
As always, please call or email with any questions!
STEPS TO RETURN TO SCHOOL IF EXPOSED to/SYMPTOMATIC With COVID
Fine Arts Center - Greenville County Schools
Preparing dedicated students for 21st-century careers through rigorous, pre-professional arts training in a dynamic, inclusive, collaborative learning community.