November 9, 2018
Important Dates to Remember
- VETERAN'S DAY-No School Monday, November 12th
- Students Against Hunger FOOD DRIVE Tuesday, November 13th - Friday, November 16th
- PTA General Meeting Thursday, November 15th 5:30pm
- Penny Road Variety Show Thursday, November 15th 6:00pm
- Reflections Art Contest Deadline November 16th
- Yearbook Cover Contest Deadline Friday, November 16th
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE
- The Positivity Project - Weekly Character Trait
- Students Against Hunger Food Drive
- Yearbook Cover Contest
- Yearbook Photo submission site
- Mad Science Club After School Program
- Purchase tickets to see INSTANT FAMILY and support PRE
- Teacher of the Year
CHARACTER STRENGTH: GRATITUDE
You are aware of and thankful for good things that happen.
Gratitude is the quality of feeling and expressing thankfulness and appreciation. It is an affirmation that there is goodness in other people and the world, and that we have received that goodness. People with the strength of gratitude have a readiness to show appreciation for kindness and also to return kindness. Individuals with this strength might be described as thankful, appreciative, pleased, satisfied, or grateful.
Food Drive to benefit Urban Ministries
Our annual Food Drive is next week and we could still use some volunteers each morning. This is always a fun time as our classes engage in a friendly competition to try to win the "Gold Can Award". If you are able to volunteer, please click HERE.
YEARBOOK COVER CONTEST
Deadline has been extended to FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 16th!!
- must go with the theme #OtherPeopleMatter
- must be Hand Drawn original artwork. No designs from the internet please.
- must include your name and teacher's name in pencil on the back of the design.
- must be submitted on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of white paper in vertical (portrait) orientation.
Contact Mrs. Patterson with questions at email@example.com.
The Yearbook needs your photos!
See INSTANT FAMILY and support Penny Road!
What is INSTANT FAMILY about?
When Pete and Ellie decide to start a family, they stumble into the world of foster care adoption. They hope to take in one small child, but when they meet three siblings, including a rebellious 15-year-old girl, they find themselves speeding from zero to three kids overnight. Now, Pete and Ellie must try to learn the ropes of instant parenthood in the hope of becoming a family. Critics are calling this "the feel-good film we need right now".
Click HERE to purchase tickets! This link can be used anywhere by anyone so forward it on to your family and friends!