Trussville Methodist Kids Ministry
Week of 2.12.2018
DIG IN @HOME
Genesis: God Promises Sarah a Son
Genesis 18:1-15; 21:1-6
“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth” (Genesis 1:1)
Sarah hears God promise she’ll have a son within the next year. Sarah is very old, so she laughs at the idea. But by the next year, she has a son. She names him Isaac, which means laughter, because God brought her laughter. God brings us laughter, too.
Family Together Time
God brings us laughter, so have some fun with your family.
- Get a roll of transparent tape.
- Have each person stick long pieces to his or her face so it pulls the skin in different directions. (You can get ideas by doing an Internet search for “Scotch tape faces.”)
- When you look at each other, you’re sure to laugh.
- Look in the mirror, too, and laugh at yourself.
- Share funny things that have happened to you recently, and thank God for laughter.
Talk About This…What’s the funniest YouTube video you’ve seen?
Ash Wednesday 2.14.18
Pancake supper prepared by our Methodist men begins at 5:15pm in the CLC.
Can't make the evening service? We also have a 6:30am service for you early risers.
Sunday, February 18th is CARE & SHARE
38 toothpastes (need sizes larger that dentist samples)
If you can donate any of these please me know at email@example.com
Preschool Easter Egg Hunt!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Time
Children's Ministry is holding a competition for ALL children in Preschool - 5th grade!! We are collecting Peanut Butter & Jelly for TEAM (Trussville Ecumenical Assistive Ministry) through the end of February.
Each Sunday and Wednesday children are asked to bring Peanut Butter & Jelly to their classroom. The group that brings the most by February 25th will have Pizza Party!!
The 3 children that bring in the most will be recognized in a special awards ceremony on Sunday, March 4th during the 8:30 a.m. service!
MOVE BUILD GROW: WINTER GAMES
SUNDAY NIGHT FEBRUARY 18th
Because of the three day Presidents Day holiday weekend there are NO children's activities or childcare. See you the 25th! Elementary agers will take a field trip. More details next week!
Music Opportunities for Children, Youth and Adults
There is a place for everyone in the Music Ministry at Trussville FUMC. No previous experience is needed. Loving God and wanting to spread the love of Jesus to the world are all that is necessary...everything else that you need to know can be learned during rehearsals. Check out the opportunities below and talk to Kelley Clegg Neal to become one of the Music Ministry Team.
For Children & Youth
Melody Handchimes—1st & 2nd Grades, meets Wednesday, 3:45 – 4:15 in the Handbell Room
Harmony Handchimes—3rd Grade-Youth, meets Wednesday, 4:15—4:50 in the Handbell Room
Joyful Noise Children’s Choir—1st – 5th Grades & Youth, meets Wednesday, 5:00 – 5:30 pm in the Chancel Choir room. We are starting a musical play with the working title of “Tell Me the Stories of Jesus” to be presented sometime during Lent.
Chancel Choir—meets Wednesday, 6:00 pm in the Choir Room
Jubilant Ringers—meets Wednesday, 7:30 pm in the Handbell Room
Melody Makers—new Handbell ensemble, meets Wednesday 10:00 am (yes, this is a morning rehearsal) in the Handbell Room
Save the Date!
- Care & Share February 18 Packing Care Packages for Children at TEAM
- Sunday, March 4 @8:30/11:00 Worship Services Tell Me the Stories of Jesus
- Week of March 11 Spring Consignment Sale
- Sunday, April 15 Family Outing at the Birmingham Barons
- Week of June 10 Sumatanga week for all rising 1st through 6th graders
- Week of June 25 Music & Arts Camp
- Week of July 16 Mega Sports Camp: Team Spirit