The Pirate Press
A Weekly Update for Acton Elementary Families
Acton Update - 8/12/22
Happy Friday Acton Families! Last night was SO MUCH FUN! We loved seeing all of you back in the building and hope that you all enjoyed meeting your teachers! Next Tuesday we will embark on a new school year. We cannot wait for all that is in store for the 2022-23 school year!
On Tuesday, all families (Kinder-5) are welcome to walk students to their classrooms. For the remainder of the week, Wednesday through Friday, all Kindergarten families are welcome to walk their students to their classrooms.
For dismissal, remember that you MUST have a school-issued pink card with you in order to pick up your student. If you are coming through the carline, please place the tag in the windshield in front of the passenger's seat for easy viewing. If you are picking up on the porch, please bring the pink card with you. Families without pink cards will be asked to park and come to the front office to show identification. Please be patient with us - after the first week, we will be smooth sailing and dismissal will be much more efficient.
Doors Open: 7:10 AM
School Starts: 7:25 AM
Tardy Bell: 7:45 AM
School Ends: 3:05 PM
A few REMINDERS:
- Be sure to connect with us on remind: text @aesupdates to 81010.
- Breakfast and Lunch are no longer free for ALL students. Please complete the free and reduced breakfast and lunch forms that were sent home at Meet the Teacher and return them as soon as possible.
- August lunch menus are linked below! This link will remain live throughout the year for easy access to the lunch menus.
- Take a look at the important upcoming dates that are listed below.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to my via email @ firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone @ 817-408-4200.
With love and gratitude,
Upcoming Dates - Semester at a Glance
- August 16th - First Day of School
- August 26th - Milers Club Kickoff
- September 5th - Student/Staff Holiday
- September 6th - 5th Grade Camp Grady Spruce Meeting (6:00pm - 7:00pm)
- September 12th - September 16th - AES Book Fair
- September 13th - Grandparent's Day Lunch (during regular lunch times)
- September 20th - Back to School Bingo (5:30pm - 7:00pm)
- September 21st - Fall Picture Day
- September 23rd - Staff Day/Student Holiday (End of GP1)
- October 10th - Staff Day/Student Holiday
- October 12th - October 14th - 5th Grade to Camp Grady Spruce
- October 25th - November 3rd - Boosterthon
- October 31st - Character Costume Day
- November 4th - Staff Day/Student Holiday
- November 17th - Fall Picture Retakes
- November 21st - November 25th - Thanksgiving Break
- December 8th - 9th - Christmas School Store
- December 17th - January 9th - Winter Break
STAY IN THE KNOW WITH REMIND
To sign up for AES Family Updates notifications, text @aesupdates to 81010
One of the ways we cultivate a spirit of positivity is by celebrating our AES staff! If you have something kind to share about a staff member, please complete this google form linked above.