By: Dillon Kimsey
What is Identity Theft?
•Identity Theft is when someone steals your personal information and uses to do things without your permission.
How to prevent yourself from Identity Theft
- Destroy all personal information
- There are many scam websites and emails so call your bank or credit card company and see if it is real or a scam.
- Set complex passwords with letters and numbers for your bank or credit cards and change them every 6 months.
- Also dont have name or birthdate as your passwords
- Do not give out your personal information to anyone.
- Monitor your credit card and bank accounts for any unknown purchases or charges.
- Keep an eye on all wallets and purses.
Signs of Identitiy Theft
- Withdrawls of large amounts of money from your bank account that you cant explain
- Debt Collector calls
- Random bills or charges to your account
- Medical bills that arent yours
- Rejected health care
- Denied for credit card or loans
- Collection calls about accounts you never opened
- Errors on credit report
- Bank account is flagged
How to fix Identity Theft
- Change all passwords and shutdown bank accounts
- Contact a major credit reporting agency
- Place a fraud alert
- Review all bank and credit card and bank account statements
- File a complaint with the Fedral Trade Commission
- File a police report with your local police